Best resource/thread for diagnosing/fixing 80 series power steering? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I read on here if you put a little (teaspoon) downy fabric softener into it, it can help your whining pump. More silicone in the downy that helps with whines and lubricity or some crazy witch brew s***.
Also, are you using ATF?

But it's a new pump, if it was rebuilt properly and he's using ATF, it shouldn't whine. I would return the rebuilt and get an OEM.

I read on here if you put a little (teaspoon) downy fabric softener into it, it can help your whining pump. More silicone in the downy that helps with whines and lubricity or some crazy witch brew s***.
Also, are you using ATF?
they whine usually when gear teeth are damaged/not installed properly or low on fluid..

And sometimes careless rebuilds result in damaged drive gear teeth or the whole cog get a little tweeked during its removal for the rebuild. I think alot of people are seeing that to be the case with "new rebuilds".
My (second) pump (used) whines and I have no leaks.
Even rebuilt the steering box last weekend with no improvement. (first pump blew its plug and I surmised it may be back pressure in the never-before-serviced box that caused it. FWIW, on this side of the fence that appears not to be the case).
And also FWIW, @NLXTACY (Wits' End) Emergency pump plug held on for more than 18mos before swapping the pump.
Good piece that. Never had another issue with it blowing out.

I’m a long time lurker who has offered zero value to Mud. No, wait, I’m a recently joined member with nothing of value to offer. OR maybe I participate too much here and have grown tired of punks who don’t want to work for it .

How about you do like we did back when social media was nonexistent and just fix your truck. You might learn something along the way.

One more time, what’s your PS issue?
Wow man... you were a real a****** to this guy. Who cares how long the guy has been looking... if you don't want to help then don't. Pretty simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom