Best rear cargo mat with 3rd row seats removed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are indeed the holes for the locating pins on the seat brackets. They are not open-backed holes that are exposed to the exterior (at least not directly). If you shine a light or poke a screwdriver in there, you'll notice that there is sheet metal behind those holes.

Also, the plastic sheath that covers the locating pins on the brackets has no sealing mechanism, so I can't imagine there is exposure there like you're worried about.

Just got an email back from weathertech. They have no plans to offer a different liner for the 2-row LX570s.

I have a question out to Lloydmats.

I searched on 2018 Lexus and for various model custom mats (carpet and rubber) their description states:
Standard Cargo Area Mat
Note: 3rd and Cargo No Cutouts for 3rd Seat Mount Points

I asked if it would also work for the TLC if the third row was removed. Will update with their answer.

UPDATE: They have a mat without the cutouts, but it is shaped as if the seats where still there but in a folded up position. I suggested they look into the 5 passenger LX
I have to think that if a Toyota parts department in the US orders 1-100 of the OEM Toyota 5-seater cargo rubber mats (like they have in every other market but for the US) they would sell each of them, so long as they were listed online.

I refuse to order an OEM Toyota part from Australia when we have Toyota dealerships and parts departments every five square miles in large US metro areas, it seems. Just seems the best option is to get Toyota to just sell this damn mat in the US market.

Those are indeed the holes for the locating pins on the seat brackets. They are not open-backed holes that are exposed to the exterior (at least not directly). If you shine a light or poke a screwdriver in there, you'll notice that there is sheet metal behind those holes.

Also, the plastic sheath that covers the locating pins on the brackets has no sealing mechanism, so I can't imagine there is exposure there like you're worried about.
I don’t have any “locating pins” where those holes are, just the holes as indicated. I sealed them with masking tape, and black foam inserts (to even carpet, and add that tiny bit of insulation back).

I have to think that if a Toyota parts department in the US orders 1-100 of the OEM Toyota 5-seater cargo rubber mats (like they have in every other market but for the US) they would sell each of them, so long as they were listed online.

I refuse to order an OEM Toyota part from Australia when we have Toyota dealerships and parts departments every five square miles in large US metro areas, it seems. Just seems the best option is to get Toyota to just sell this damn mat in the US market.

Maybe @beno can explain to us how difficult getting this done would be..

We’re driving top-of-the-line Toyota vehicles asking to buy OEM Toyota parts from Toyota dealerships & parts departments in markets where Toyota (under its Lexus spinoff, admittedly) is now realizing that for some people, a 5-seater offers more utility. I’m talking about the 2018+ 5-seat config. It shouldn’t be this difficult.

We get that when parts folks punch the part number into their computers, it doesn’t let them order it. But there has to be a sympathetic Toyota parts manager somewhere in the US who can call his/her distributor and open up a social order pipeline for the people on this thread.

It’s not like asking for an obscure diesel part or something, where supplying it would raise all sorts of warranty support problems, or could be seen as sanctioning grey market imports. It’s a rubber cargo mat for crying out loud.

It is frustrating that Toyota pulls this region specific parts crap. I had success emailing a dealership in the U.K. for parts, but got no response from one in Australia when I tried them.

When last I heard @beno was in the process of getting married and relocating his operations across country so he may not be available for a bit. He may definitely be able to help when he returns. @cruiseroutfit may be able to source JDM parts too.

I don’t have any “locating pins” where those holes are, just the holes as indicated. I sealed them with masking tape, and black foam inserts (to even carpet, and add that tiny bit of insulation back).

Like I said, the pins are on the seat brackets. When the brackets are removed, all that's left are the holes.;)

pYwqbRo.jpg

I went with the aussie mat. Weight wise it's as heavy as a large stack of weather techs.

pics of shipping, p/n
What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week?

Last edited:
Beautiful! This is exactly what I suspect 2/3 of the people who remove the 3rd row would want as a cargo floor solution, if not more so. I appreciate the earlier response that said one can get ARB drawers to cover the area, but for me, and I suspect many others, there’s a utility need to have the floor be flat. And this is such a clean solution.

The information about weight is also VERY welcome, as cargo liner sliding is always a concern. This one seems solid.

Question, what did you do with the area closest to the seats that slopes down — did you put anything down there to even out the floor (so that dirt doesn’t accumulate “down” there, at the farthest point away from the liftgate?)? I have some folded utility tarps right now and it seems like a good place to keep them. That also seems like a good place to keep a high lift jack (depending on dimensions of the jack of course).

Just to throw another idea out there..

Has anyone seen the cargo organizing system from Volkswagen? It is a mat with raised edges like what you’d expect above, with a thin carpet material bonded to the top. Also, there are L shaped blocks with a hook-type texture molded into the bottom edge of the blocks so that they stick to the carpet but can be peeled off and moved.

These things are GREAT for both protecting the underlying floor and carpet, and keeping light to medium weight things from sliding/rolling around in back without the need for straps.

I kept the mat out of the back of my Touareg when I sold it. I doubt it’s big enough to cut down and cover the floor in my 200 but maybe finding some carpet-like material could accomplish the same thing.

Just to throw another idea out there..

Has anyone seen the cargo organizing system from Volkswagen? It is a mat with raised edges like what you’d expect above, with a thin carpet material bonded to the top. Also, there are L shaped blocks with a hook-type texture molded into the bottom edge of the blocks so that they stick to the carpet but can be peeled off and moved.

These things are GREAT for both protecting the underlying floor and carpet, and keeping light to medium weight things from sliding/rolling around in back without the need for straps.

I kept the mat out of the back of my Touareg when I sold it. I doubt it’s big enough to cut down and cover the floor in my 200 but maybe finding some carpet-like material could accomplish the same thing.
Could you post some photos, pls?

I forgot to get pictures of my parts but Bryson’s link shows the blocks.

IMO an important part of the system is the carpet liner. It is a short-pile carpet-like material that acts as the loop end of hook and loop. The blocks stick, but also don’t mess up the surface of the liner.

VW released the Atlas recently.. might be worth checking out the cargo area of one of those to see if the accessory for that model is anywhere near fitting.

@WorldCleanupDay what did Toyota say when you asked them about a solution?
They said they would see if it’s possible to special order, but haven’t heard back since. Will check in again. It’s really important that we apply pressure on Toyota parts departments in the US from multiple angles of approach, because the Toyota 5-seater cargo mat really does seem like the best solution.

Here is my second stab at a utility cargo mat, this one made from a nice pliable plastic sheet I got from a Toys-R-US of all places. It’s tucked in below the plastic side trim, and holds in place because of it’s sheer size and shape. Downsides, it’s too smooth, so things would need to be anchored, otherwise everything goes flying. The 2nd row seat backs are covered with a cargo upper retractable cover from a different vehicle. I just have it there as a mock up & would be great to hear other folks’ solutions for the seat backs.

Thank you.

5E3F19D0-EECB-4194-9E0F-41594BDA51E2.jpeg

A90EA760-1CA9-49F6-B531-BFD144FFE59F.jpeg

F0CDB1DC-C44A-4F2B-93B1-D4595A0EBA86.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom