Best rear cargo mat with 3rd row seats removed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I forgot to get pictures of my parts but Bryson’s link shows the blocks.

IMO an important part of the system is the carpet liner. It is a short-pile carpet-like material that acts as the loop end of hook and loop. The blocks stick, but also don’t mess up the surface of the liner.

VW released the Atlas recently.. might be worth checking out the cargo area of one of those to see if the accessory for that model is anywhere near fitting.

We had those (or similar) in a 4Runner once upon a time - I think it was in our 2002 model year.

They can be sourced outside the stealer network - here's one source. Not affiliated with them, just found during a google search.

Just to throw another idea out there..

Has anyone seen the cargo organizing system from Volkswagen? It is a mat with raised edges like what you’d expect above, with a thin carpet material bonded to the top. Also, there are L shaped blocks with a hook-type texture molded into the bottom edge of the blocks so that they stick to the carpet but can be peeled off and moved.

These things are GREAT for both protecting the underlying floor and carpet, and keeping light to medium weight things from sliding/rolling around in back without the need for straps.

I kept the mat out of the back of my Touareg when I sold it. I doubt it’s big enough to cut down and cover the floor in my 200 but maybe finding some carpet-like material could accomplish the same thing.

I used these in my Audi. They gripped really well and worked great...until I moved away from Colorado to Alabama and the heat during the summer softened up the glue that holds the Velcro to the bottom of the blocks. After that, it was always a trick when moving them to ensure I didn't peel the Velcro off.

I used these in my Audi. They gripped really well and worked great...until I moved away from Colorado to Alabama and the heat during the summer softened up the glue that holds the Velcro to the bottom of the blocks. After that, it was always a trick when moving them to ensure I didn't peel the Velcro off.

I seem to remember mine having the hooks molded in to the plastic, but will need to get back home to check. Either way a couple different sets have survived a few central Texas summers so heat hasn’t been an issue for me.

Were yours official VW/Audi or bought aftermarket?

I seem to remember mine having the hooks molded in to the plastic, but will need to get back home to check. Either way a couple different sets have survived a few central Texas summers so heat hasn’t been an issue for me.

Were yours official VW/Audi or bought aftermarket?

Look what I found in the garage! Bought these from the dealer in 2002. Maybe they've been improved since then?
IMG_20180417_080802169.jpg

These came in a 2013 Touareg that I bought used.. I'd assume they were factory VW when bought new. Hook-side of the system is molded directly into the plastic.

Also tried to get some shots of the mat.. it fits sideways in the rear of my 200 pretty well, but when the third row seats come out soon it'll be too small. Need to get some measurements from a VW Atlas.

IMG_4192.JPG

IMG_4194.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG

IMG_4195.JPG

If Firepuppy is producing the fender covers, please include me. New to the site so unsure if these covers were ever produced. Thank you.

I have to bump this since I removed rear seats tonight . Any updates from anyone ?

I have the Husky Weather Beaters. They have indentations where you can cut out openings for the 3rd row seats. If you've removed the seats already then the mat will have no holes. I also got the middle row and driver/passenger mats. Amazon

I don’t have any “locating pins” where those holes are, just the holes as indicated. I sealed them with masking tape, and black foam inserts (to even carpet, and add that tiny bit of insulation back).

I poked these holes with a screwdriver and non appear to go through to outside of the truck on my 2011

Thanks for the ordering from Australia tip. I did the same and got mine in yesterday. What a great mat .it's very heavy and substantial which I like.

Australia here I come.

Where are you ordering it from and what's the total cost?

I am annoyed that Lexus does not seem to offer the all weather mat for the 2-row LX.

No idea yet. I found it as low as about $86 at places that would not ship. We need to do a group buy.

update for my mat - got this info from blatant - tks - #3047. Anyhow, I contacted Sydney City Toyota, Michael Keys, MKeys@sydneycitytoyota.com.au. He was very helpful and prompt. Part has shipped and I paid 222 AU or about 163USD. He immediately sent PayPay link and presto. Now I just hope its the right thing:). Said they've done a number of them to the USA.

I shot the guy listed above an email , Will see how long it takes to get my new rear mat.

update for my mat - got this info from blatant - tks - #3047. Anyhow, I contacted Sydney City Toyota, Michael Keys, MKeys@sydneycitytoyota.com.au. He was very helpful and prompt. Part has shipped and I paid 222 AU or about 163USD. He immediately sent PayPay link and presto. Now I just hope its the right thing:). Said they've done a number of them to the USA.

I got my reply from him. He sent me an invoice and I paid it through Paypal. We will see how long it takes to arrive. The above price is correct as well

Just got an email it has shipped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom