Best fuel injection??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nifski

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a carbed Chevy 383 stroker in our FJ45, I want to go with a fuel injection system and would like to hear what you may recommend.

Many thanks!

05C94126-E847-4611-A85F-989671D9F70E.jpeg

What are your KPIs for "best"?

Cheapest? TBI, if you call that fuel injection.

Easiest? Holly Sniper or equivalent most likely

Highest Performance? Custom port injection run off a Haltec or equivalent probably

No advice on F.I. but that's a gorgeous rig! Nicely done.

Dont even consider Tbi. If you have the budget I would go with port fuel injection, lots of them out there now, Edelbrock has nice stuff. Be ready for some tuning and diagnostics as most require a laptop and setup. I have used fast fuel injection in the past( throttle body injection) it worked well but was tricky to get right. The best fuel injection is a factory ls engine! Nice to see rb1 out and about!

Looked up the edelbrock set up and looks like a good system? Not ready to spend the funds on an LS yet! Any other suppliers that are comparable to edelbrock?

what's your skill set? if you hate wiring like me (but clearly not me with the stupid wiring projects I take on) - FITech, Holley EFI or similar is a good system (I prefer the Holley, but just marginally). On the other hand, if you're a fruitcake and love wiring (not to disparage fruitcakes)* - any of the megasquirt systems are a good set up and very, very well supported by both the manufacturer and the EFI community.

as for cost, they really do all cost about the same.

*before you hatemail me - do check out my thread, specifically references to the 430 ci Buick turbo project (MS3x), the 64 Buick turbo project (MS3), and the FJ40 MS2 project..... lord, I'm a glutton for punishment.

I have FITECH with my 350 chevy, runs really well on the highway, a little fussy starting but the price was good. lot of info on setup and how to manage it, I'm sure the H
olley is the same, I agree with what Whitey said, if I were doing it again I would buy a used LS1 with a modified cable and go that way, more options with the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom