Bell housing bolt correct size?urgent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, every one
My 88 FJ62 (automatic) is at the tranny shop and they told me it's missing 4 bolts.

Need to know the correct size of the bolt.

I found some old thread mentioning
M12, pitch 1.75 .40mm

This is correct or not?

Need the confirmation ASAP

Last edited:
It looks like there are two different bolt types used, so you will need to confirm which ones are missing. I can give you toyota part numbers but I don't know the sizes:

Two bolts (91212-71270) and two washers (94512-01200) on top (these look like 12mm diameter)

Six bolts with included washers (91619-61245) around the sides and bottom

1634082660466.png

1634082826860.png

It looks like there are two different bolt types used, so you will need to confirm which ones are missing. I can give you toyota part numbers but I don't know the sizes:

Two bolts (91212-71270) and two washers (94512-01200) on top (these look like 12mm diameter)

Six bolts with included washers (91619-61245) around the sides and bottom

View attachment 2810821

View attachment 2810825
Thanks for the parts numbers but here is the million dollar question.

Where can I get the bolts. I googled the parts can either nothing or discontinued ((

So I would want the bolt measurements so I can match the bolts

wait there is more...I got this from the 84-90 body and chassis manual, automatic transmission section. I don't know which is correct! I would tend to go with the parts diagram since that is specific for an FJ62 and the body and chassis manual covers FJ60, and non-us vehicles.

1634083645358.png

wait there is more...I got this from the 84-90 body and chassis manual, automatic transmission section. I don't know which is correct! I would tend to go with the parts diagram since that is specific for an FJ62 and the body and chassis manual covers FJ60, and non-us vehicles.

View attachment 2810853
Thank you, again my friend.

But forgive me. I am just an average Joe not a mechanic and new the TLC. This is a little difficult for me to understand

I just need exactly measurements or even the exact link the get the bolts for the shop some they can put the missing bolt on my FJ62

If there are only 2+4 bolts. I don't mind replacing all.

Sorry for asking too much but appreciate in advance

I'm surprised your transmission mechanic can't be of more help. Can he at least tell you the bolt diameter and the lenght based on the hole size. Toyota generally uses standard sizes of bolt diameters and thread pitch (see below). For example, a 12mm diameter bolt will have 1.25mm thread pitch.

I don't own an FJ62, so I'm guessing a little bit. But there is another thread by Onur that gives information how to decode the toyota bolt part numbers:

91212-71270: This seems to be an M12-1.25 x 70mm bolt. This will also need an M12 split washer
91619-61245: This seems to be an M12-1.25 x 45mm bolt. The toyota version comes with a split washer, but if buying aftermarket you will also need M12 split washers.

Even if a specific part number is discontinued your local toyota dealer may have appropriate bolts. It's just a bolt

1634132994904.png

Around me (Vermont USA) pretty much every hardware store and even Home Depot And Lowes sell bolts. Your mechanic should be able to figure out the thread size simply by seeing which tap fits, should be able to figure out the length needed and then just make a trip to the hardware store.

Or even better have your mechanic give @ToyotaMatt a call

If you need to install hardware store bolts to get the thing back together ASAP- buy the correct bolts from Toyota and swap them in later when you get the truck back.

I'm surprised your transmission mechanic can't be of more help. Can he at least tell you the bolt diameter and the lenght based on the hole size. Toyota generally uses standard sizes of bolt diameters and thread pitch (see below). For example, a 12mm diameter bolt will have 1.25mm thread pitch.

I don't own an FJ62, so I'm guessing a little bit. But there is another thread by Onur that gives information how to decode the toyota bolt part numbers:

91212-71270: This seems to be an M12-1.25 x 70mm bolt. This will also need an M12 split washer
91619-61245: This seems to be an M12-1.25 x 45mm bolt. The toyota version comes with a split washer, but if buying aftermarket you will also need M12 split washers.

Even if a specific part number is discontinued your local toyota dealer may have appropriate bolts. It's just a bolt

View attachment 2811198
The thread pitch on the 3FE block for mounting the A440F is 1.75. The diameter is 12mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom