Bed Mounted 33” spare mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
How are y’all mounting your spare tires?

I’m wanting to do a center mount at the front of the bed but it’s going to take some fabwork and some holes.

Anyone have a creative mount they can share?

57364EDB-5F8C-4EE1-8B96-D50D5E82BAF2.jpeg

Originally the PO had the spare in this spot but the 255/85-16 sits way too high

1554FA50-C467-4B86-B59F-847290CCA426.jpeg

Mine is in the original location under the bed?

I really hate that spot. @Dustin Messina said his 33x10.50-15 would not work there

I did not try based on that and the fact that it might kill me dropping this heavy ass wheel tire combo off that silly ass mount.

FZJ79 factory mount?

actual canada 1.jpg

While i have not copied this yet, it is on my to do list.
We got the beds from Canada.. @2fpower has the contact info. Penny? It was a while back.. He did recently get a rear bumper from her for his 79 bed.

Nolen-

Post 172 in my thread here:

Not sure it will work for you but might give you some ideas.

7542BE3B-FFE1-40F8-8058-3C45F76F0016.jpeg

I also fiddled with a custom mount under my SWB in my thread but decided against it for now. If I do go that route it will probably be with an 80 series spare assembly...

Starting with post #591

I agree. And adjustable. Mine is in pieces right now or I'd snap some photos of how it goes together for ya. The 79 bed comes with little ramps to keep the tire centered. Not sure if those are part of the kit or if you would even need them .they were spot welded to the bed.

I really hate that spot. @Dustin Messina said his 33x10.50-15 would not work there

I did not try based on that and the fact that it might kill me dropping this heavy ass wheel tire combo off that silly ass mount.

I was lucky and found a late model HJ47 spare tire carrier locally. Before that I concidered using one from an FJ55 which is close. to the width. only time I even concidered putting a spare in the bed of the truck was by in 2000. Long story but wasn't worth doing. My back has been bad for years and harder fro me to lift a wheel into a trailer or bad of a vehicle then lower it with the spare tire winch and slide it out. Reverse is just as easy. Talking about a even larger wheel/tire conbo lifting into the bed is even harder. Last year I moved at least six sets of wheels/tires between home and put the best on non opt vehicles as roller and took the rest away. Trying to clear up floor spare in garages. My back reminded me why I hate lifting tires for any reason.

I agree. And adjustable. Mine is in pieces right now or I'd snap some photos of how it goes together for ya. The 79 bed comes with little ramps to keep the tire centered. Not sure if those are part of the kit or if you would even need them .they were spot welded to the bed.

I did check and looks like those wheel blocks are sold separate. Noticing a lot of parts on the 70 series haven't changed in twenty years. Has to be thousands of this in wrecked 70 series in Australia. Problem is these small parts are generally sold on line and until to can visit in person very hard to get.

Mine has not budged from its spot workout the wheel chock things.

I’ve got a 2 Jerry can thing going on mine in each corner but if someone is thinking about the 70 mount I would offset the next one behind the driver because this one blocks my view backing up where it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom