bed liner for sound deadening (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
Anyone use the new aerosol can spray on bed liners to sound proof the inside of the rear quarter panels?

The aerosol ones don't work that great, unless you do a lot of coats. I did that to my quarter panels but I'm probably going to have my entire interior rhinolined at a shop.

I used Cruiser Crap on my entire interior. It wasn't the cheapest but if the option is paying someone to rhino line it it's gonna be close.

bed liner does not make a good noise dampener.
+1
I tried the aerosol type inside my cargo area, 4 coats later I can still hear everything on the road hit the inside of my fender wells, really bad when it rains, biggest waste of money in my opinion, but I did try to use it to kill the sound, but it does hold up great when used for it's intended purpose.

Never used it myself but look up lizard skin. They make a sound deaden-er.

I did the wheel wells of my rig (exterior) with Herculiner. Used a small roller plus a throw away brush. 2 coats. Messy job but I did a lot of masking. I drive 12 miles of gravel almost every day and there were the constant metal pings from the gravel hitting the wheel wells. It dampened that noise a lot but did not totally eliminate it. Would do it again, but it has held up well and it has been about 20K miles.

I did the wheel wells of my rig (exterior) with Herculiner. Used a small roller plus a throw away brush. 2 coats. Messy job but I did a lot of masking. I drive 12 miles of gravel almost every day and there were the constant metal pings from the gravel hitting the wheel wells. It dampened that noise a lot but did not totally eliminate it. Would do it again, but it has held up well and it has been about 20K miles.

He said the "inside" that's not a bad idea though, I think mine is so caked with mud ect it does a great job lol.
There are sprays and matts dpecialty formulated for sound. Some have already been mentioned non are that cheap unfortunataly.

Eventually I'll be looking at a quality rubber under-coating in the rear wheel wells to deal with the gravel. Keeping it from hitting metal in the first place will go along ways towards making that quiet. I don't expect a lot of normal road noise reduction from just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom