Battery Choices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Reading old threads it seems that a group 31 Diehard Plat is the way to go, but with sears being dead I don't know what the new norm is. I've got a friend that has a blue top for $140, but I don't know if a marine battery would work well in an 80.

Thanks in advance.

Advance Auto bought the rights to the DieHard brand.

Given there's only a small number of companies that actually make batteries, I went with Interstate at Costco for the price and warranty. I'm not sure there's a better deal these days. I think I paid about $100 last year. Otherwise, the company that makes Walmart batteries is a top manufacturer and there's plenty of Walmart stores to handle a warranty replacement.

For a starter battery, I wouldn't do marine or AGM in a truck that doesn't need it or call for it.

Get whatever Costco has
No Costco....I'm like 70 miles away

Advance Auto bought the rights to the DieHard brand.

Given there's only a small number of companies that actually make batteries, I went with Interstate at Costco for the price and warranty. I'm not sure there's a better deal these days. I think I paid about $100 last year. Otherwise, the company that makes Walmart batteries is a top manufacturer and there's plenty of Walmart stores to handle a warranty replacement.

For a starter battery, I wouldn't do marine or AGM in a truck that doesn't need it or call for it.
Fair...thank you. I read that AGM is stupid and it's awful for discharge cycles.....was just checking. I don't have a CostCo but I'll head over to walmart to see what they've got. Menards has the 15% off anything that will fit in a sack thing going too, so that may work. Appreciate the insight.

Fair...thank you. I read that AGM is stupid and it's awful for discharge cycles.....was just checking. I don't have a CostCo but I'll head over to walmart to see what they've got. Menards has the 15% off anything that will fit in a sack thing going too, so that may work. Appreciate the insight.
Yeah, that's the only problem I have with Costco... it can be tough to get a warranty replacement if you're traveling a lot or live far away from one.

I think Walmart is Johnson Control and East Penn. I think some of the auto stores also get their batteries from these guys.

Pep Boys had big discounts for battery purchases online for in-store pickup. I've bought a Bosch in the past there for a good price. Exide makes them along with Interstate.

Costco Interstate group 24F for starting.
Costco Interstart deepcycle group 24 for house

IMO, it would be worth the trip since these batteries are less than $100 each and have an excellent return policy.

No Costco? Sounds like you have a real problem on your hands

@Spruce I don’t have an 80, but in both my 40 & my 60 I have Optima Group 31’s. Several years & many thousands of miles, no problems, no issues and nothing but good to say about group 31’s.

Interstate or Toyota TruStart

I went with a agm from Autozone, did not really think it would hold up but it has. Looked at thier web site they don't even list it anymore. Figures if it holds up they have to get rid of that.I had a odessy in my toyota pick up but it had a bad cell I picked up platinum super start agm for itand it has not let me down. the Odessy was replaced so i put it in a 2 battery of the cruiser.

x2 on Interstate. A quality battery with good warranty and a nationwide dealer network if you need a replacement. The Group 27 is a nice fit in the 80 series and is sufficient for most purposes. Group 31 is a tighter squeeze, but offers more capacity.

x2 on Interstate. A quality battery with good warranty and a nationwide dealer network if you need a replacement. The Group 27 is a nice fit in the 80 series and is sufficient for most purposes. Group 31 is a tighter squeeze, but offers more capacity.
Any Interstate dealer will handle the warranty?

Per their website "Authorized Warranty Dealer or All Battery Center Store". You can look up locations here, https://www.interstatebatteries.com/location-finder, but it doesn't specify which locations do warranty replacements. I have always gotten mine through Firestone or the Interstate Battery stores. A lot of independent repair shops, tire stores, auto and RV dealers etc. handle Interstate. You are more likely to find an Interstate Battery dealer in a small town than a Costco, AutoZone, or Wal Mart.

Project Farm battery comparison

He says Costco Interstate and Walmart Everstart batteries are the same and actually made by Johnson Controls. Advanced auto parts is the distributor for DieHard now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom