Base vs VX-R (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newbie question. Doing research on BP51 today and the website asked me whether my 2018 LC200 was base or VX-R. What is the difference and how do I confirm what I have? I wasn’t aware that there was 2 different models.

I believe what they're after is whether you have the 1vd diesel, which weighs about 100kg more than the 3ur 5.7. For a USDM land cruiser, you'll want to put in "base."

That's just my semi-informed guess. I'll let someone else chime in.

Last edited:
in the US they are VX-R specs - (I have a 2017) the difference is for the KDSS.. as it relates to the suspension Kit..
Some markets (Australia and Middle East) had base specs without KDSS.. All of ours have KDSS in the USA.

Middle East had different motors for the base model, Australia they are all V8 Diesels... but what your after is the KDSS.... but as always just call OME support they are very helpful in providing part numbers and exactly what you need.

in the US they are VX-R specs - (I have a 2017) the difference is for the KDSS.. as it relates to the suspension Kit..
Some markets (Australia and Middle East) had base specs without KDSS.. All of ours have KDSS in the USA.

Middle East had different motors for the base model, Australia they are all V8 Diesels... but what your after is the KDSS.... but as always just call OME support they are very helpful in providing part numbers and exactly what you need.

Land cruiser J200 GCC trims:
G
GX
GXR
VX
VXE
VXR
VXS

Manual transmission and automatic transmission

4 engines
4.0 1GR-FE manual and automatic transmission
4.6 1UR-FE only automatic transmission