Base Model 200 Series - Poverty Pack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Were any 200 series sold stateside with limited options (such as a no sunroof) which could be considered a poverty pack model? For example, there were early model year 100 series trucks sold without a sunroof with cloth seats.

A white 200 series without a sunroof on steelies has been haunting my dreams but I cannot find any evidence one was every sold in the USA.

Last edited:
I don’t think so…

Were any 200 series sold stateside with limited options (such as a sunroof) which could be considered a poverty pack model? For example, there were early model year 100 series trucks sold without a sunroof with cloth seats.

A white 200 series without a sunroof on steelies has been haunting my dreams but I cannot find any evidence one was every sold in the USA.State

Were any 200 series sold stateside with limited options (such as a sunroof) which could be considered a poverty pack model? For example, there were early model year 100 series trucks sold without a sunroof with cloth seats.

A white 200 series without a sunroof on steelies has been haunting my dreams but I cannot find any evidence one was every sold in the USA.
Stateside Hundy Poverty Pack cruiser, surely you jest my friend.:grinpimp:

Pretty sure you are dreaming about a GX model…. like mine hehehe
cloth seats, no sunroof, factory steelies, factory winch, factory rear locker, manual shifter aaand diesel. Sadly no cruise control.
Pretty sure Toyota never sold a no-bling-bling-version in the US….
IMG_4658.jpeg

ps.: there is a little chance that some goverment organizations buyed/imported some base/africa spec models from Toyota Gibraltar and brought them into the US and selling them within the next years. Just guessing

cloth seats, no sunroof, factory steelies, factory winch, factory rear locker, manual shifter aaand diesel. Sadly no cruise control.
View attachment 3486671

ps.: there is a little chance that some goverment organizations buyed/imported some base/africa spec models from Toyota Gibraltar and brought them into the US and selling them within the next years. Just guessing
I was going to be satisfied with a no sunroof model and now look what you have done! Thanks for making the dream even more difficult haha

I think while some enhusiasts would have wanted one, it would not sell well to the majority of the US population, particularly with a manual. I personally wouldn't want one with no sunroof, no leather, no auto, etc 🤷‍♂️

Were any 200 series sold stateside with limited options (such as a no sunroof) which could be considered a poverty pack model? For example, there were early model year 100 series trucks sold without a sunroof with cloth seats.

I wish. I'd pay extra for no leather and no sunroof.

That stick shift center console is just begging for more cupholders. :hillbilly:

Gibraltar is the answer, but it's a long way from TX. Toyota Gibraltar Stockholdings (TGS) - 4x4 vehicles for aid agencies - https://www.toyota-gib.com/eng/vehicle-sales/models-by-usage.html

Also, import trouble, but who knows...in today's situation, we might just be able to drive a pair over the border. I have a post somewhere addressing this issue.

EDIT: the 'Modest Proposal' post 200 Series Roll Cages - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/200-series-roll-cages.1315034/post-15008577

View attachment 3486671

God I wish we had this. I love watching the car reviews for aussies of these "soccer mom cars" and its like a bare bones 200 series and its so fascinating to me. We got the bling bling version and all I want to do is explore and wheel without mortgaging my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom