Ballpark estimate for work on 2000 LX 470 from craigslist, diagnosed by a toyota dealership (details in post) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there folks I'm new to posting here, been lurking for some time and getting the ball rolling on entering this world. As title says, I brought a 2000 LX 470 (173k miles, asking $12,800) to a toyota dealership for a full used car inspection to essentially get a green/red light. Important to note, the truck has 0 rust and no motor issues, the body and interior are all in great shape. The issues they found are in the attached images.

I'm really wondering just how serious are some of these things (specifically the axle boot kits), are they doable DIY project stuff (like some of the electrical stuff I assume I could do myself), and any ballpark estimates on how much some of this might cost. The dealership quoted insanely high labor rates, and I'm aware a dealership is always going to find a laundry list of issues, so thought I'd come here and see what the experts think.

Green or red light??

E4F1D15B-A5DD-4B5F-9B14-73147D09EDCC.jpeg

CE3BC9A7-8A5A-4256-B486-FC13FB3962A2.jpeg

If I'm not mistaken they are suggesting to do a diagnosis on all lock actuators and master switch, like what others have mentioned you can do most of this work you can also look up parts online just to get an idea of the cost. I would buy it if all that was listed is all it needs.
I'm just going to replace the master switch and the motors in each of the actuators. Just want to make sure I 100% understand which parts to buy

The master switch likely just has dirty contacts, same with the door lock actuators. What symptoms does the master switch display?

Update: I bought it. Currently driving it home (to Virginia) from Kansas City. I appreciate y'alls encouragement, answers, and support. Can guarantee this wont be the last time yall hear from me. I'll do a proper introduction hopefully at a meetup!
Hopefully you replaced that missing lug nut before you left!

I did not - is that not just something i can buy aftermarket?
Or from the dealer, I just replaced one that the tire shop rounded for $14.

If there is a Toyota dealer on your route they should have them in stock as I believe tundras use the same lugs.

You should be able to put it on yourself with the lug wrench in the behind the rear drivers side panel in the cargo area. Should be a tool roll behind that panel.

Or from the dealer, I just replaced one that the tire shop rounded for $14.

If there is a Toyota dealer on your route they should have them in stock as I believe tundras use the same lugs.

You should be able to put it on yourself with the lug wrench in the behind the rear drivers side panel in the cargo area. Should be a tool roll behind that panel.
Thanks @jtb517 easy enough

I did not - is that not just something i can buy aftermarket?

Yes, you can get lugnuts elsewhere - dealership, ebay etc. But, What seller/dealer would let you take out a vehicle off their property WITHOUT a lug nut? You mind sharing this details so that others may stay far away from them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom