Baja Designs - Fog Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been searching for awhile and can't seem to find a surefire answer. Can someone help me with if there is a Baja Designs fog light kit that will work on a 2016 200 series?

Baja Designs - '12+ Tacoma / '14+ Tundra / '10+ 4Runner / '16 - '21 Land Cruiser - Squadron Sport Fog Light Kit - Amber - Pair - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/bd-447115/ - this one claims to fit but can someone confirm? If it does fit, is there any custom brackets or anything extra required or is it plug and play?

Thanks in advance for the info.

I have been searching for awhile and can't seem to find a surefire answer. Can someone help me with if there is a Baja Designs fog light kit that will work on a 2016 200 series?

Baja Designs - '12+ Tacoma / '14+ Tundra / '10+ 4Runner / '16 - '21 Land Cruiser - Squadron Sport Fog Light Kit - Amber - Pair - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/bd-447115/ - this one claims to fit but can someone confirm? If it does fit, is there any custom brackets or anything extra required or is it plug and play?

There direct fit it will mount in the stock fog brackets no modification required. Just a heads up they are very bright.

IMG_3115.png

I bought the squadrons and can confirm it's a direct fit - very bright. However, after a trip out to New Mexico where we hit pretty dense fog, I've opted to exchange for the SAE amber. The wide pattern wasn't good in the fog and I missed having dedicated fog lights. Will end up doing SAE amber fogs and Squadron pros as ditch lights.

where are these amber SAE fogs of which you speak?
I bought the squadrons and can confirm it's a direct fit - very bright. However, after a trip out to New Mexico where we hit pretty dense fog, I've opted to exchange for the SAE amber. The wide pattern wasn't good in the fog and I missed having dedicated fog lights. Will end up doing SAE amber fogs and Squadron pros as ditch lights.

The ones in my original post on Slee's website appear to be the exact same product and $20 cheaper. From what I can tell at least.

Correct, the SAEs are a bit more expensive (and built to order -- I think it'll be a few weeks until mine get shipped).

The SAEs are less bright but are road legal and I'll get more use out of them since I already have the squadrons on my A-pillar. Just wanted to share my experience in case you expect to encounter fog/dust.

Hey @Ol-Blue,

As @MTBADCT has mentioned, our Squadron series in our round bezel will fit in the stock fog light location. With our Squadron series light, we do offer a few different options. We will have a solution for you depending on what type of drive you plan on doing.

Squadron-R SAE LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair - Universal

Baja Designs' next-generation Squadron® SAE is the perfect road-legal auxiliary fog light on the market today. Engineered with all-new aspheric projector optics and with our advanced LED technology, it provides a performance increase in luminous flux of 56% over our previous generation SAE model. The all-new Squadron® SAE delivers 2,420 lumens per light with output reaching up to 15,800 candela at just 29 watts. Keeping you safe on the road or trails, the Squadron® SAE will illuminate Zone 1 with a controlled, sharp cutoff from the combination of the new LED technology and highly efficient aspheric projector optics. Designed to meet the current SAE J583 fog lamp requirements, the Squadron® SAE is fully compliant with on-road regulations. This innovative approach allows for a highly controlled light pattern with a sharp cutoff, making them an ideal choice for driving through dust, fog, and inclement weather. Backed by our limited lifetime warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee, giving you the ultimate in-purchase protection.

Squadron-R Sport Black LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair - Universal

The Squadron-R Sport LED light from Baja Designs packs a punch without impacting your wallet. Don’t let the compact size of these 3” light pods fool you as they will fit almost anywhere you need auxiliary lighting on your truck, Jeep, SUV, UTV, and any other vehicle that needs lights. While compact in size the Squadron-R Sport is equipped with a sleek black gloss aluminum housing with our 3.5” round bezel that outshines the competition through both appearance and performance using next-generation LEDs pushing out 3,162 lumens.

Squadron-R Pro Black LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair - Universal

The Squadron-R Pro will be similar to our sport in size but will pack a larger punch. Our Pros will pump out 4,095 lumens. With having a uService on all of our lights you will have the accessibility to swapping out lenses as you fine-tune all of your light and them aimed to where you need them the most.

If anyone has any other questions or wants to get a quote started. Please feel free to contact me at bill@bajadesigns.com to get any of those things started.

Best,
Bill

Bill Sonevongxay | Forum Sales & Support 
Email: Bill@bajadesigns.com Phone: (760)560-2252

Hey @Ol-Blue,

As @MTBADCT has mentioned, our Squadron series in our round bezel will fit in the stock fog light location. With our Squadron series light, we do offer a few different options. We will have a solution for you depending on what type of drive you plan on doing.

Baja Designs' next-generation Squadron® SAE is the perfect road-legal auxiliary fog light on the market today. Engineered with all-new aspheric projector optics and with our advanced LED technology, it provides a performance increase in luminous flux of 56% over our previous generation SAE model. The all-new Squadron® SAE delivers 2,420 lumens per light with output reaching up to 15,800 candela at just 29 watts. Keeping you safe on the road or trails, the Squadron® SAE will illuminate Zone 1 with a controlled, sharp cutoff from the combination of the new LED technology and highly efficient aspheric projector optics. Designed to meet the current SAE J583 fog lamp requirements, the Squadron® SAE is fully compliant with on-road regulations. This innovative approach allows for a highly controlled light pattern with a sharp cutoff, making them an ideal choice for driving through dust, fog, and inclement weather. Backed by our limited lifetime warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee, giving you the ultimate in-purchase protection.

The Squadron-R Sport LED light from Baja Designs packs a punch without impacting your wallet. Don’t let the compact size of these 3” light pods fool you as they will fit almost anywhere you need auxiliary lighting on your truck, Jeep, SUV, UTV, and any other vehicle that needs lights. While compact in size the Squadron-R Sport is equipped with a sleek black gloss aluminum housing with our 3.5” round bezel that outshines the competition through both appearance and performance using next-generation LEDs pushing out 3,162 lumens.

The Squadron-R Pro will be similar to our sport in size but will pack a larger punch. Our Pros will pump out 4,095 lumens. With having a uService on all of our lights you will have the accessibility to swapping out lenses as you fine-tune all of your light and them aimed to where you need them the most.

If anyone has any other questions or wants to get a quote started. Please feel free to contact me at bill@bajadesigns.com to get any of those things started.

Best,
Bill

Whats the difference between this one and this one ? Either will work?

Whats the difference between this one and this one ? Either will work?
Hey @Ol-Blue

As the internals are the same, these kits have a slight difference. Our 44-7642 kit will have angled bezels and some mounting brackets that bolt into the stock location on Toyotas 2010-24 4Runners; 2012-23 Tacoma; 2014-21 Tundra. Our 24-7802 kit will come with just a round bezel as well as our standard parts bag and U bracket.

Best,
Bill

Hey @Ol-Blue,

Best,
Bill

Bill, I'm sure your BD Dealers really appreciate this post.

Hey @Ol-Blue,

Best,
Bill

What would you recommend on a 08 LC? With the rectangular fog lights.

Hey @Valgrind,

With having a rectangular fog pocket light, we do not have a plug-and-play option at the moment. From looking at a handful of photos, you may need to get creative with custom brackets. I have been searching on the web for any sort of after-market fog light brackets, but I have not come across one yet.

By looking at the fog light area you might able to fit some Squadron in that location as well as some S2. With targeting the fog light location I would recommend going with our amber driving/combo lens or our amber wide corning lens. Both of these lens options will help cut through fog and dust as well as give you a wide spread of light. If you would like more information about our products please feel free to reach out to bill@bajadesigns.com.

Best,
Bill

Apologies for bumping up a slightly older thread but I just wanted to confirm some things before I order.

Vehicle is a 21 LC200 HE and I have these in my cart. Is this all I need for it to be plug in play and road legal? Is the Slee kit the same?

IMG_5551.png
Thanks

Apologies for bumping up a slightly older thread but I just wanted to confirm some things before I order.

Vehicle is a 21 LC200 HE and I have these in my cart. Is this all I need for it to be plug in play and road legal? Is the Slee kit the same?

View attachment 3576955Thanks

Hey MNLC200Heritage,

Correct! Shoot me a PM and I can get you a quote built out with a forum special!

Best,
Bill

Just added the SAE Kit to my 2016 - nice upgrade! (my neighbor has the yellow squadron pro's on his Raptor - Super Bright!!)

20240307_155248_resized.jpg

Just added the SAE Kit to my 2016 - nice upgrade! (my neighbor has the yellow squadron pro's on his Raptor - Super Bright!!)

View attachment 3577066
Hey 777Gage,

The SAE are looking fantastic! How are you enjoying them on the rig? Do you plan on getting any other AUX light on the build?

Best,
Bill

Hey 777Gage,

The SAE are looking fantastic! How are you enjoying them on the rig? Do you plan on getting any other AUX light on the build?

Best,
Bill

Hey Bill,
I like them a lot, good coverage for sure.

Currently considering A-Pillar mounts/lights but still researching - narrowing down to SDHQ mounts and BD lights - not sure which lights yet.
Suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom