Parting Out [Baja California] FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
A buddy and I were in Baja this past few weeks and stumbled on this FJ55 in Bahia de los Angeles. The fella that owns it said he would like to part it out because he does NOT have a title. I do not know the year, and forgot to snap a pic of the vin. Antonio thought it was a 1973. Note that shipping from BOLA is not an option. If you want any of the bits I suspect you will need to take a few vacation days, and go enjoy a beautiful part of Baja. It does not have an engine/tranny/tc since the original engine was sold. He did have the bits for an engine (block, pistons, head). Antonio speaks great English.

Contact information is: Antonio Jimenez, archeloncamp@yahoo.com

The truck belonged to his father. The good news is Antonio knows what it is, and it's significance. He does not want to scrap the truck.

I took a few pictures. Here ya go.
FJ55 Back.jpg
FJ55 front.jpg

Last edited:
More.
FJ55 hood.jpg
FJ55 Left fender.jpg

More.
FJ55 left.jpg
FJ55 right.jpg

More, inside.
FJ55 interior (1).jpg
FJ55 interior (2).jpg

More interior.
FJ55 interior (3).jpg
FJ55 interior (4).jpg

Mas.
FJ55 interior (5).jpg
FJ55 interior (6).jpg

The roof.
FJ55 roof.jpg
20171018_132143.jpg

OK, one more interior shot, with a photobomb.
20171018_132240.jpg

And in case somebody really cares ... the engine bits.
20171018_132420.jpg
20171018_132401.jpg

Bet it ain’t rusty...

Bah de Los Angeles was one of the first places that I took my 55. Super cool place! Almost got caught out on the wet sand with the ocean and my buddy got stabbed there too. He probably deserved it a little bit. I am quite fond of that place!

Might be fun to get reacquainted.

Nookshear wanna take a trip?

If that 55 is parked adjacent to a dome house I saw it dead out there 25 years ago. The spot is known as Punta Roja. Built a beach cabin out there.
Eric.

Nope. Parked off the road to La Gringa several hundred yards off the road. Not a dome house.

That one is at the campground at the old turtle research station. I've looked it over pretty close within the last six months. Nice place to camp.

That one is at the campground at the old turtle research station. I've looked it over pretty close within the last six months. Nice place to camp.

Ding, ding, ding.:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom