Bad Alternator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So a new dash light came on today and I needed a jump to start my cruiser. No weird nosies coming from the engine, so I don't think any bearings or belt went bad. I'm charging the battery overnight and seeing if that's the issues, but I suspect the alternator is shot. Partsouq has them for the 1Hz at around $650. It's the OEM and is rated at 70amps. Since I'm adding more lights and possibly a camping fridge later on, is there a bigger aftermarket alternator for the 1HZ motor I should/can buy? Also should I replace the belts and waterpump while I'm changing the alternator? TIA.

IMG_20211006_174150.jpg

Anyone hear or have any experience with SBC Alternators?

I'd be checking the glow plug relay, connections and earths associated before going out and buying an alternator, does your voltage gauge go down or is level while driving?

Just happened today so i'll get a better idea tomorrow. BUT the battery was dead though and then while driving the lights and AC went off. Slow charging overnight.

I don't know about your engine but, I put a DCPowerInc 270a alternator on my 2001 LX 4.7L about 4 years ago. It has worked flawlessly and puts out all the power that I need for my 3,600w SQ stereo system.

Btw, I would advise against buying the 370a alternator they sell because it doesn't put out as much power at an idle.

Went and splurged on a new 270amp Alternator from SBC. Figure that will give me more options later on to add things like extra batteries, offroad lights, winch and a fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom