Back in stock: 80 Series Part-Time Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can’t get the bearing I’m pointing to in the picture to not come with the cover as I’m trying to separate it from the case. It’s like the bearing has a lip that will not let it come past it (yes I removed the clip). Any ideas or is this a non issue of the shaft and gear come out with it?
AEA33867-88EC-4D8E-9404-43389B604893.jpeg

What do I need for a '91 HDJ81 auto, to make 4WD switchable? I do have center diff lock button on the dash and manual Hi-N-Lo lever.
Thanks

Thank you for your reply! I'd love to have a 5-speed HDJ81 but these days beggars cannot be choosers:)
That "spool", is it hard to install in the t-case? Also do our t-cases have chain them, or just gears?

Thank you for your reply! I'd love to have a 5-speed HDJ81 but these days beggars cannot be choosers:)
That "spool", is it hard to install in the t-case? Also do our t-cases have chain them, or just gears?
I’m still waiting to confirm how to get the cover over that bearing. It looks to be all gears. It’s not a very hard install at all so far. I would be done already if it wasn’t for the weekend and the hang up on the bearing.

What do I need for a '91 HDJ81 auto, to make 4WD switchable? I do have center diff lock button on the dash and manual Hi-N-Lo lever.
Thanks

You would need Part# TC80PTKIT - $575/kit
Fits 1/1990 - 7/1992 FJ80 or customers who already have a Center Diff Lock Switch
Includes T-Case Spool, 2xAISIN Hubs (Gold, other colors available) & Hub Gaskets.

Let us know!

I can’t get the bearing I’m pointing to in the picture to not come with the cover as I’m trying to separate it from the case. It’s like the bearing has a lip that will not let it come past it (yes I removed the clip). Any ideas or is this a non issue of the shaft and gear come out with it? View attachment 2077674

Did you get this sorted? If not give us a buzz at the shop

thank you for the part number, how hard is spool to install?

That will be quite relative to your skill level, most don't find it terribly hard. 3-4? hours all said and done for a spool install

So, Kurt-san. Is there a way to make this kit, or some combo of components, work for an FZJ-105?:hmm:

it’s essentially 80-series chassis stuff except for the birfs.

Last edited:
So, Kurt-san. Is there a way to make this kit, or some combo of components, work for an FZJ-105?:hmm:

it’s essentially 80-series chassis stuff except for the birfs.

Sure, I'm confident we can do it. Email me with your VIN and model code and well look into it.

Hey Kurt, do you think it would be possible to get a part-time kit with the heavy-duty Aisin hubs? Not looking to do a conversion right now, but probably sometime later this year.

Last edited:
Hey Kurt, do you think it would be possible to get a part-time kit with the heavy-duty Aisin hubs? Not looking to do a onversion right now, but probably sometime later this year.

Absolutely, we upgrade hubs in the kits all the time. Give us a ring when you're ready. Standard kits can be purchased online too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom