Back in stock: 80 Series Part-Time Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
Back in stock! We're boxing up 80 Series part-time conversion kits this week. Should be ready to ship by the time you call :D

Part# TC80PTKIT - $625/kit
Fits 1/1990 - 7/1992 FJ80 or customers who already have a Center Diff Lock Switch
Includes T-Case Spool, 2xAISIN Hubs (Gold, other colors available) & Hub Gaskets.

Part# TC80PTEKIT - $744.50/kit
Fits 8/1992-1/95 FZJ80
Includes T-Case Spool, 2xAISIN Hubs (Gold, other colors available), Hub Gaskets & OEM CDL Switch

Part# TC80PTLKIT - $789.50/kit
Fits 2/1995-1/98 FZJ80/LX470
Includes T-Case Spool, 2xAISIN Hubs (Gold, other colors available), Hub Gaskets & OEM CDL Switch

NOTE: 4/1994 - 1/1998 80 Series vehicles will require replacement birfields featuring a double groove for the snap ring, machining a second groove in the stock birfield for a lower snap ring or use of 1/90-4/94 "short" birfields. We have birfs in stock to accommodate this, please see our RCVJ2474-30TRCV, FAXBIRFFJ80HDKIT, FAXTBIRFFJ80HD, TG301720-1-KIT, FATG303709 offerings featuring dual snap ring groove birfield outer axles. ABS equipped 80's will not have functioning ABS (light will be illuminated) when front hubs are unlocked, brakes will function like a standard non-ABS application. Aftermarket ABS kits can be installed to provide ABS in all conditions, please call/email for info. Installing the spool does require removing the bearing from the rear half of the factory center diff housing, this bearing will then be pressed onto the provided spool. In the event you don't want to worry about removing/pressing the bearing, we can supply and install. Please order TCB60008 - $62.50 at the same time as part-time conversion order and we will press the bearing on for no additional charge.

IMG_1474.JPG

Frequently Asked Questions/Tech: Why do a part-time conversion? We don't sell the PT kits with any advertised effect on mileage but customer do report mileage gains and historically so have many online. That said there are some who did the part-time conversion and claim no discernible gains. For most, the part-time conversion will accomplish a reduction in front driveshaft vibration & wear as well as birf, inner axle and realated component wear. It offers the ability to drive home with broken front axle components such as a ring/pinion or inner axle. Additionally many doing the conversion prefer the handling of a 2WD Land Cruiser and prefer to select 4WD manually.

Please call/email the shop if you would like to place an order:
801-563-1277 - info@cruiseroutfitters.com
www.cruiseroutfitters.com

These are available for immediate online purchase @ CruiserTeq.com too!

80 Series Kits: Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series Part Time Kit
100 Series Kits: Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series Part Time Conversion Kit

Last edited:
Kits heading out the door :cool:

TC80PTKIT (Small).jpg

Still have a few in stock. Let's unlock you :D

And while you're in the transfer case, consider our Sumo Low Range Gearsets :cool:

3.1:1 Low Range Reduction Gear Set - 80/100 Series Land Cruisers
Fits 1/1990-1/1998 8x Series/LX450 and 1/98-07 100 Series Land Cruisers/LX470. Fits both factory part-time (H1FA) and full-time (HF2A/HF2AV) transfer cases found in US Spec and global market Land Cruisers. Includes both low speed output gear and idler gear. No case machining required these are a direct fit to your 80/100 Series transfer case. Factory ratio is 2.49:1, these 3.1:1 gears offer a 25% low range reduction with no change to the 1:1 high range. Made in Japan to OE Toyota specifications.
Part# TCG900731 - $705.00 - IN STOCK

IMG_1622.JPG

Why do you need with part-time conversion kits the CDL Switch? To get the 4X4 Hi CDL locked?

With your CDL disconnected, your front birfs, axles, diff, etc are still turning. With the part time conversion, the front TC output shaft, driveline, diff and axles are no longer spinning until you lock the hubs and engage the CDL switch. Operation is the same for 2L-4L and 2H-4H

With your CDL disconnected, your front birfs, axles, diff, etc are still turning. With the part time conversion, the front TC output shaft, driveline, diff and axles are no longer spinning until you lock the hubs and engage the CDL switch. Operation is the same for 2L-4L and 2H-4H

Pardon my ignorance, but can you elaborate on this? I've assumed I knew how part time kits work, but 80's don't seem to have a p/t transfer case so how does one stop the shaft and internals from turning, if the kit only involves the hubs?

Pardon my ignorance, but can you elaborate on this? I've assumed I knew how part time kits work, but 80's don't seem to have a p/t transfer case so how does one stop the shaft and internals from turning, if the kit only involves the hubs?

The kit also involves a "spool" for the t-case. Thus the engagement for the CDL now engages the front drive of the t-case, i.e. part-time drive.

IMG_1510.JPG

The kit includes AISIN form-in-place-gasket material and an optional bearing pre-pressed onto that spool for ease of install in your t-case.

So that essentially means it turns the center diff to an on/off mode for the front shaft? So it's no longer a differential when not engaged, it just shuts down the front? Again, pardon my ignorance..

So that essentially means it turns the center diff to an on/off mode for the front shaft? So it's no longer a differential when not engaged, it just shuts down the front? Again, pardon my ignorance..

Correct, center diff is replaced and thus is simply on or off like a traditional part-time case.

I’m new to this also, but I have a set of warn hubs(I think fit? They’re from my other Toyota) but no cdl switch. I need new birf ‘s cause mine click and I’ve swapped sides with them. How much would this run me?

I’m new to this also, but I have a set of warn hubs(I think fit? They’re from my other Toyota) but no cdl switch. I need new birf ‘s cause mine click and I’ve swapped sides with them. How much would this run me?

Give us a ring at the shop and we can walk through the many attack methods we have to solve your woes. There are several birf options and additional seals/gaskets to consider if you're going in that deep.

I have a 1993 fzj80 built in June with front and rear e-lockers.

Which kit should I buy?

I have a 1993 fzj80 built in June with front and rear e-lockers.

Which kit should I buy?

Give the shop a call (801-563-1277) and they can run your VIN and determine which kit fits your model. Thanks!

Do I need to I stall a transfer case shifter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom