Baby blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He just told me 25 hours. Priceless for sure!

My kindred spirit brother. Best Christmas present EVER!!! malcomfletcher.ca He sells his paintings for 2-3 grand American online. He mostly draws porches and Volkswagens but he made an exception because I have been helping them out a lot lately. So stoked!!! He paints insanely fast. I don't know how hours he put in but I'll ask. Any guesses?

View attachment 3206114

View attachment 3206115

View attachment 3206116
I couldn't guess, but my niece is an artist. She enters these competitions where they give you a limited time to draw or paint something. Pretty amazing what she comes up with in such a short time.

Reminds me a bit of your truck painting with that sorta realistic style.

She did a lucky can for us years ago that's amazing. (Didn't have the heart to tell her I can't stand Lucky 🤣)

She got into tattooing a few years ago and seems to be doing pretty well. I guess if you're busy and booked solid it's a good sign with artists.

Well I was able to piece this 12 volt winch to working order for $150. Winch was free it just needed the motor unseized and brushes, a pinion gear and some custom ready rod bolts to tie the motor to the housing. A fair lead is on route. Its a poser winch for now. I might hook it up as I have read that they handle the 24 volts fine for short pulls. Opinions?

IMG_1674[1].JPG

IMG_1675[1].JPG

Pretty horrible picture of the bird poo aluminum fabricating I did. Should hold up the poser winch. Like I'm actually going to take this truck wheeling? lol

Let 'er rip! Just remember at 24V it might be a tad speedy. I'm sure you won't do it any damage with
logging road wheeling, just saying.

The winch I have on my 40 was made by Thor in California many years ago. It uses an old Ford starter motor (12v) that I run at 24v. So far (for the last 40 years) there have been no issues. I should probably check the brushes one day ....

Yes. I installed a 24v Albright solenoid, and the 12v motor pulls 2x as fast and strong. The stock 12v solenoids can be rrewired to 24v configuration.

Yes. I installed a 24v Albright solenoid, and the 12v motor pulls 2x as fast and strong. The stock 12v solenoids can be rrewired to 24v configuration.
Wiring schematics???

Run it the way you have it, my warn has been in service for 10 years no problem

Found them online but can't remember where. Not too hard to find. I got in on a bulk buy from Albright and so I didn't go the rewiring route... Will see if I can find anything.

Thanks everyone. This has been very helpful.

The Albright comes in 12v or 24v... all neat and tidy (redundant wording) in a water resistant enclosure. At $120Cdn it was a no-brainer.

I understand that the solenoids won't be happy with 24v if wired for 12v.

Well I blew up another set of glow plugs. Doh! My ignition is messing up again. Oredered knew ignition switch and 20v ngk's. Should arrive in the next couple days. Dan at 4wheel auto in Alberta is always so on point. I would recommend their business.

Well I blew up another set of glow plugs. Doh! My ignition is messing up again. Oredered knew ignition switch and 20v ngk's. Should arrive in the next couple days. Dan at 4wheel auto in Alberta is always so on point. I would recommend their business.
Dan rocks, been working with him for over 27 years, since the first cruiser days in Surrey.

You have the timer etc instead of the factory switch and dash coil right?

I have the Indicator coil and factory glow switch. As well as the reverse option for glow on the ignition switch. I get full 24 volts at the glow bus bar. No timer that I am aware of?

Just installed the new ignition and glow plugs and everything seems good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom