B engine Highway trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Juste before my 6.2 Gm swap. I want to have some clues about my B engine.

I rebuild injector, diesel pump and motor. so the complet engine is like new.

When I run on highway, I have high EGT temps 1100F at 100km/h 2200rpm. (often talk about it)

When I put my transmission to neutral on the highway, engine stall

This weekend, Engine overheat on highway and motor grip when it's stall during I change speed from 5 to 4

It's never overheat before on highway and don't overheat or stall at 90km/h.

Engine start after sometime (lower water temp). So engine isn't broke.

The engine start avec 5 sec of glow plug and 1 piston turn.

I ask you some answer because I swap the engine after 1-2 year trying to find why this engine doesn't like me.

I will look all part separatly and all bearing gap. I think my rebuild head have something to do with this! because all the other part doesn't have power to change something with high EGT or overheat. (rad's new)

If you have a starting point to help me I will look at it !

How about the fuel,is it turned up too much? Any black smoke? Does your coolant system have pressure?

Low oil pressure shutoff maybe? This could explain shutdown issues when not under load.

For the high egt, I'm with Rosco, fuel is turned too high and you will have black smoke under heavy load.

If it hasn't been overheated and it starts like you say, it sounds healthy.

I turn my fuel to near nothing. To have just enough to reach 100km/h and it's always the same. I remove the turbo.. and it's worst. Turbo give i'm more air to keep EGT lower. I will look if the head have something. maybe returning it to have it test for everything. Rocker, valve, steam seal are new... I have a 3B head lying on the ground, maybe look if I can swap it for a test.

I don't have shutoff valve for the oil pressure. I rebuild the cover and buy a new gear set last year to have 35psi at 2200rpm. Sound a little low but everybody tell me that it's need 10psi at idle and 10 psi by 1000rpm after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom