B diesel engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
I have a B diesel with semi fresh rebuild and rod bearings that are toast, not sure about the cylinders yet.

Engine worth keeping and rebuilding or just part it out??

Head interchangeable with the 3B, sure looks the same.

Thanks
Rob

exhast bolt pattern is different
as for rebuilding, not worth the money and effort. the B series engines are getting hard to find parts for so maybe grabbed the good stuff off it and check the rest... in my opinion.
cheers

I thought you can bored the B and ude the 3B piston, but not the head. During the years, thats the mean thing thta changed throug the models .. the head.

Tapage said:
I thought you can bored the B and ude the 3B piston, but not the head. During the years, thats the mean thing thta changed throug the models .. the head.

Yet it says 3B on the valve cover and the head looks identical, even the exhaust manifold bolts are the same pattern???

Ya'll sure it's a B then?

gb

is the "B" not the first letter in "BOAT ANCHOR", the most suited purpose for an old "B" engine?

save the good bits for parts and juuuunk the rest!

just make sure it's a b!

you find that number yet? or are you gonna' make me rich off that t-case? lol

crusty

crustyBJ60 said:
is the "B" not the first letter in "BOAT ANCHOR", the most suited purpose for an old "B" engine?

save the good bits for parts and juuuunk the rest!

just make sure it's a b!

you find that number yet? or are you gonna' make me rich off that t-case? lol

crusty

LOLO,,,,,,,,,

Na, you get my hard earned dough.

Call ya next week when things slow down, ya right.

Heading to Mt Washington tomorrow with the boys for some good old mountain biking, R and R.

That engine has a great big B on the block as apposed to the 3B, no oil to water cooling jacket on the side either?
DSC00859.JPG

Also to mention, the hot PSI oil pressure on my mechanical gauge is around 4PSI at idle, while at 2000 RPM it reads 40??

Tough day at the office.

Anyone know from the pic if it is a B diesel?

looks like mine just, less rust on it, lol my block looks so hurtin must just be from being in PEI and Ontario its hole life, someday next year I will make it out to Calgary and work something out with wayne for a crazy newer yota diesel motor.

crushers said:
no oil cooler so i will guess a B engine...

Exactly what I thought, guess a 3B head bolts up?

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom