For Sale (AZ)1976 FJ55 FOR SALE (Not Mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RUSH55

SILVER Star
Threads
This is the one I’ve been seeing around Cottonwood for the last couple years. Don’t know the owners, but thought I’d pass this along.

1976 Toyota FJ55 Landcruiser
1976 Toyota FJ55 Landcruiser - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... - https://prescott.craigslist.org/cto/d/clarkdale-1976-toyota-fj55-landcruiser/7590993089.html

57D5EC19-6454-4498-A71D-BE26909A5E70.jpeg

32FC1C89-0D42-48FA-B07F-37A9C1D1262E.jpeg

473F4CBD-2678-460C-8683-A64855C5F8F7.jpeg

3C7D7BCC-7FF9-4C3C-9767-895D83871DFA.jpeg

Different choice of drivetrain. Makes you wonder why someone wouldn't just put the front driveshaft in and not take a hit on the price, unless there's a problem going on with the transfer case, front axle, etc. ? :hmm:

This one has been listed off and on for a while now. I seem to recall one of the prior listings saying the front driveshaft couldn’t go in because of the way the swap was done.

Different choice of drivetrain. Makes you wonder why someone wouldn't just put the front driveshaft in and not take a hit on the price, unless there's a problem going on with the transfer case, front axle, etc. ? :hmm:
I’m with you. What is there to gain going from a straight six to a V6 other than maybe some RPM’s?
The weird one is what’s with the stick shifter if it’s an auto?

I’m with you. What is there to gain going from a straight six to a V6 other than maybe some RPM’s?
The weird one is what’s with the stick shifter if it’s an auto?
Use of an OEM-appearing shifter is pretty common in the hot rod world by those wishing to not use race car-like apparatus in an otherwise conservative street rod.
Kinda appreciate it myself. We cut off the tall junky original chrome shifter when installing the Ranger overdrive in the Frankencruiser and welded on a Cruiser t-case one for exactly that reason.

Perhaps the only reason is the V-6 was readily available and relatively cheap. They really screwed up with that swap and now are expecting someone else to pay for it?

Just say NO.

Just get that new bluetooth driveshaft kit and g2g.
That engine in its best form is only a handful of ponies stronger than a 2F. Now that I am an expert LS swapper, that's where I would go. Body looks great.

4.6 liter v6, I've been a mechanic for a number of years and have not seen one. Could they possibly have meant that they used a 4.3l v6 that would be a common engine and would bolt up anywhere a 350 fits. Not what I'd have done but probably runs ok...

4.6 liter v6, I've been a mechanic for a number of years and have not seen one. Could they possibly have meant that they used a 4.3l v6 that would be a common engine and would bolt up anywhere a 350 fits. Not what I'd have done but probably runs ok...
I assumed it was the 4.3 GM 6-cylinder. Not what I would have done either but certainly easier to maintain and buy parts for than the various F engines, even if it's true there's no appreciable horsepower difference. Might have been a "design by inventory" decision. The first small block swap into the Frankencruiser chassis by a previous owner was a 305 SBC, probably that same kind of decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom