Auxilary rear tank dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for assistance from anyone who has access to a 21 gallon auxilary fuel tank that fits behind the rear axle of an FJ40. I need the full set of measurements (H x L x W, etc)

TIA,

Jim

You could build a 21 gallon tank in a number of dimensions. What do you have in mind? Are you referring to an existing aftermarket tank? Is this for 40 or 45LWB ?

I was referring to the existing tank offered by many vendors. I suspect they are all knock-offs from the old Con-Fer auxilary tank.

jC

I was referring to the existing tank offered by many vendors. I suspect they are all knock-offs from the old Con-Fer auxilary tank.

jC

I have an old confer tank that is out of the 40 while I get some parts repaired. I can take some pictures and give you dimensions, however I'm doubtful that it's a 22 gallon tank (I pulled it to get it repaired, without ever filling it up, so still haven't confirmed the total volume). Tank is currently in storage, so I can shoot some pictures and give you some dimensions if that's what you're looking for.

Hugh,

How about distance across the rear section (between the two bevels)? Also distance from the front most point the the start of the bevel (measured along one side)?

TIA,

Jim

Hugh,

How about distance across the rear section (between the two bevels)? Also distance from the front most point the the start of the bevel (measured along one side)?

TIA,

Jim
I will be in the shop tomorrow. Was away for the weekend.

Confer Tank Dimensions

Here you go.

Confer Tank 002.JPG

Confer Tank 003.JPG

Confer Tank 004.JPG
Confer Tank 002.JPG
Confer Tank 003.JPG
Confer Tank 004.JPG

Confer Tank Dimensions

One more...

Confer Tank 005.JPG

I noted that the dimensions are not perfect. It may be the welds or a miserable job at measuring but I noted there is a difference in about an 1/8 from side to side.

Have fun!
Confer Tank 005.JPG

Yeah, he came through in a big way. I also noticed that he has posted a PDF of the original Con-Ferr instructions as well. More Kudos!

jC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom