automatic window switch upgrade? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can we up grade to the automatic window switch for all the windows from the 05? is it just a matter of switching the button panel on the driverside door?????

I think it has a different wiring harness connector. I know the all auto LX470 connector is diff. than a Cruiser's. Be curious to know for sure though.

Knowing Toyota, I expect the auto up and down part will be controlled by a "Power window ECU"! and not just a different switch, but of course I could be wrong!

I think its in the switch, I am looking for a used panel out of a LX to try it in my LC

Landpimp said:
I think its in the switch, I am looking for a used panel out of a LX to try it in my LC

Since you have a LX and a LC, seems like you would be able to test this the easiest. :)

hmmmm............you cought me ;)

LonghornCruiser said:
Since you have a LX and a LC, seems like you would be able to test this the easiest. :)

did you ever try this? i'd love to put an lx switch array in my lc

I don think hes allowed... Jersey that is!

nope, its not on my high priiority list.....

aedgington said:
did you ever try this? i'd love to put an lx switch array in my lc

My guess is that it is also on/in the switch. The contacts are more than likely just spring loaded to stay in the up or down position i.e. auto up/down

C-Dan told me the driver's side window control panel is unique to the Cruiser and costs more than $300 (he offers a nice discount to Mud board members).
Mine is hanging together with crazy glue. I doubt you'll find another unit with the right connections, but it would be interesting if John could try swapping the units from his LX and TLC (although I'm sure the LX panel costs more than the TLC's $300 plus !!)

LT

hmmmmm, wonder if the guts will swap? but I won't be trying that with the LC and LX....;)

ELLTEE said:
C-Dan told me the driver's side window control panel is unique to the Cruiser and costs more than $300 (he offers a nice discount to Mud board members).
Mine is hanging together with crazy glue. I doubt you'll find another unit with the right connections, but it would be interesting if John could try swapping the units from his LX and TLC (although I'm sure the LX panel costs more than the TLC's $300 plus !!)

LT

Aw, gee. Just jerk those two $300+ circuit boards out of your two newest trucks, attempt to cross wire them and see what happens, John!
Where's your sense of adventure?

-grin-

LT

Landpimp said:
hmmmmm, wonder if the guts will swap? but I won't be trying that with the LC and LX....;)

I have a 99 LC and bought a 99 LX window switch on ebay to try this out. The harness is different and the guts are different. The only way I can see this swap working is if I buy a LX wire harness and see if I can splice it in. And it ain't gonna be easy to find a LX wire harness. Would have to probably get it off of a totaled LX and can't seem to find any anywhere near here. If anyone knows where I could get one, I might give it a shot.

Thanks, Longhorn. I kind of figured that was one of those Lexus things that wouldn't work on the Toy, but your confirmation saves me from wondering about it anymore.
When the crazy glue stops working, I'll just have to break the piggy bank and buy a new part from C-Dan, unless I find a Cruiser in a pick-a-part somewhere in Western North Carolina.

LT

I got a passenger side switch/trim from an LX to try to work into my LC. The lock switches are the same. The LX auto window switch uses a 10 wire harness, whereas the LC uses a 5 wire. The trim/housing is the same, though, so if you wanted just the trim piece you could swap out the switches.

I'll try t-tapping wires to see if I can get the LX switch to work and post results.

This is kicking my butt. The LX harness has 10 wires, 4 thick and 6 thin. The LC harness has 5 thick wires. I'm taking a stab in the dark thinking the 6 thin wires might be some kind of feedback from the other 3 doors to control an auto up/down override, but who knows.

Anywho, I can't seem to get this to work.

Any chance anyone who has TIS access could list the harness wire specifics for the LX & LC?

I have some diags for them. Not sure if they will help, but I sent you an email.

P.S. I have a drivers side Power Window switch for an 99 LX470 for sale. Bought it hoping I could switch it out with my LC, but that didn't work. Can't test to be positive it works, but guy I bought it from said it did.

Longhorn, missed your email... did you send an email or pm?

Decided to restart this thread in hopes of a solution. Is it possible to swap the window controls from a 2001 LC in to a 99 LC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom