Automatic Antenna Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the auto mast on my 2006 has started intermittently going up and down. Seems to stop before full extension, but not consistently. It also doesn't retract fully. Using the manual buttons it moves but still not full range. There is no clicking or clunking, its just like the motor hits a stop point and says no more.

Is this likely an aging mast that is offering too much resistance and thus triggering motor stop or could this symptom be the motor itself?

I would start by lubing the mast, with it fully extended spray the exposed parts of the mast with a penetrant/lubricant.
Let that soak in. Then retract. If that does not help then replace the mast, it's like $12 on Amazon.

You will then know if it is the motor or not, worse case you're out $12.

Well, I cleaned and lubed my mast (gigity!) with some silicon spray from Walmart and it is working much better now.

IMG_1202.GIF

hehe. Well I did speak too soon. Worked fine in the garage while was testing it but tonight it started stopping halfway down again... bummer.

I am having the same issues. Posted about it last week. Still haven't figured out, but tell me if you do!

hehe. Well I did speak too soon. Worked fine in the garage while was testing it but tonight it started stopping halfway down again... bummer.

Mine was noisy, I lubed it with motor oil, been good for 6mo.

What I did was remove the motor entirely and kept jt at the mid level Ive always wanted.

ABSOLUTELY no am/fm ibterference and no more annoying motor noise to wind up and down.

A while back i had a similar problem. I don't know if it was luck or if there is something to this. Mine would not go up more than 6 inches when turn on radio. All i did was turn off the radio and manually raise it with up button. Turned the radio on and back off, it lowered fully. Then turned it back on again and it went all the way up. Made me wonder if this was s way to set the height you want. I set it again to half mast and it stayed at half. Maybe i am full of crap but its working still. Worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom