Auto transmission problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi....I m from Pakistan , I have a LC 80 series 1hdt model 1993 auto trans.. recently I m facing an issue... when ever I go to hilliy area I feel a delayed transmission of let say from second to third gear on steeps... feel hot under gear lever and srounding area and after a while my transmission oil light get on ..then I stop the vehicle give it a pause of a minute it gets off... yesterday I noticed that when I turned around and started descending my O/D light also started blinking....I have checked the level and condition of gear oil which is OK ..gear oil was changed about 6000 km ago....pl guide me what should I do???
Cheers...

Check your transmission cooler

The transmission cooler (small radiator) should be located front left directly behind the grill, in front of the AC condensor and engine cooling radiator.

If the problem started after the fluid exchange, go back and ensure the fluid added to your transmission was the correct type. If the problem
started before the fluid exchange, then consider checking the solenoids.

Look at the driver's door sticker and tell us which transmission your vehicle has (should be the A442F). It's not uncommen for that transmission to experience slipping, gear hunting, loss of a gears, due to failing solenoids.

If money is not an object, check out Wholesale Automatics in Australia. They deal with Land Cruiser transmissions and offer improved Torque Convertors that don't produce as much heat.

The transmission cooler (small radiator) should be located front left directly behind the grill, in front of the AC condensor and engine cooling radiator.

If the problem started after the fluid exchange, go back and ensure the fluid added to your transmission was the correct type. If the problem

Look at the driver's door sticker and tell us which transmission your vehicle has (should be the A442F). It's not uncommen for that transmission to experience slipping, gear hunting, loss of a gears, due to failing solenoids.

If money is not an object, check out Wholesale Automatics in Australia. They deal with Land Cruiser transmissions and offer improved Torque Convertors that don't produce as much heat.

It's recommended grade is DX II...I have got it checked but no code is being reported....

Hi, I would agree, that’s why it felt hot. Mike

Please quote rate of tourqe convertor 1hdt model 1993..

Hi, Torque converter is on the front of the transmission. Lower transmission on a jack, take converter off ,put rebuilt one on and raise transmission and hook back up. Torque converter 250-650 dollars. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom