August ROTM 2018 - Grand Canyon & White Pocket (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I shouldn't be too far behind you. Hoping to be rolling from the NW valley around 4ish.

Anyone else packing firewood? I'm going to bring a little.

I shouldn't be too far behind you. Hoping to be rolling from the NW valley around 4ish.

Anyone else packing firewood? I'm going to bring a little.

John was going to bring some in a trailer but I think the recommendation was to leave the trailer at home. I might grab a bag or two in flag.

Will text you when we leave Murfs @Abigail

John was going to bring some in a trailer but I think the recommendation was to leave the trailer at home. I might grab a bag or two in flag.

Really don't have room inside my 89 for firewood. Debating carry a five gallon jerry can of gas. Not sure how far off road AAA would bring gas. Did check a couple I already have full to be sure don't have one that leaks. Could bring the Sequoia but think stock friendly is different between my 89 and Sequoia. Sequoia might have a little more room inside.:rolleyes:

Update - Because of the closures we will traveling on a couple road/trails Im not familar with so I cannot guarantee 100% "stocker" friendly. With that said I do not think the trails/roads will be bad. My neighbor will be joining us in a basically stock Tacoma with just tires.

Just set frequency to 146.460 Mhz and listen. If it is a Baofeng hold the # key for a few seconds after you set the frequency to lock the settings.

Not a Baofeng and instructions not very user friendly. The cardboard disc explaining why no CD seems to have been written by someone who's first language isn't English. Little help from Google and station 146.460 is set and locked.

Update - Because of the closures we will traveling on a couple road/trails Im not familar with so I cannot guarantee 100% "stocker" friendly. With that said I do not think the trails/roads will be bad. My neighbor will be joining us in a basically stock Tacoma with just tires.

Not too worried about my 89 has better clearance than either of our 4Runner. I am glad your neighbor has tires. Would be kind of tough without them.:rolleyes: I assume you meant stock size tires?

My *goal* is to leave work at 3 and head up to the North Scottsdale Costco to gas up, so if all goes well I should be in your general vicinity around the time you plan to roll.

It was going to be a 40 so I could field test it before the Chile Challange, but the 200 mile fuel requirement put the kybash on that.

I'm in the Taco waiting at Discount Tire for a rotation & balance.

It was going to be a 40 so I could field test it before the Chile Challange, but the 200 mile fuel requirement put the kybash on that.

I'm in the Taco waiting at Discount Tire for a rotation & balance.

One the reason plan to keep my 79 FJ40 is the twenty-two and half gallon fuel tank. That and easier to install a five speed. Before I pulled the second tank from my 68 I had thirty-five gallon capacity. Figure my 70 is the same year ago I needed that.

I didn’t get around to some maintenance I need to do, so I will miss the trip after all. Have a great time!

I didn’t get around to some maintenance I need to do, so I will miss the trip after all. Have a great time!

Will miss you on this one. Was looking forward to sharing some trailer ideas. Next time

Rainy in Flag this afternoon, hope y'all bring your raingear!

Just now leaving Northwest Valley, see some of you in a few hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom