Arnold's Nip-Tuck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ming89FJ62

Pig farmer extraordinaire
GOLD Star
Threads
Well, it's started. Arnold is finally going under the knife. Not too bad (so far) for a 30+ year old pig.

More pics to follow
IMG_0892-1.jpg
IMG_0896-1.jpg
IMG_0894-1.jpg

Thanks Ming....I will be watching your work. I like the usage of "Nip/Tuck" too. Clever!

Oh the carnage.....not really

First of all I have to admit that this is not my handy work. I'm an OK wrench but am totally inept at body work. I found a local shop that does one or two restorations every year as filler work - normally Vettes and the like. They have a window now so...
IMG_0898-1.jpg
IMG_0899-1.jpg
IMG_0900-1.jpg

Coming right along! Lookin good!

Looking great..........nice to see a 78 loved and cared for:); BTW do you have the 3.73 axles or the 4.11s?

Lou

Some current pics. The rot in the A pillars really sucks - much worse that it appeard. Doors are done and baking in front of the heater. I pick up the hood, fenders, valance and some other body panels from the stripper next Thursday
IMG_0929-1.jpg
IMG_0930-1.jpg
IMG_0931-1.jpg

Thought I'd post some teasers. The roof has been primed, blocked and primed again and is ready for paint. The body and hood has the first coat of epoxy primer on it and is being blocked. Paint should follow shorty. The DS A-pillar looks like it did when it left Japan 30 years ago. I'm stoked - looks like we might have it finished by mid July.
IMG_09731.jpg
IMG_09742.jpg
IMG_09753.jpg

With all the patching you've been doing, that tailgate shouldn't be too much trouble. IIRC, the area that the tailgate bolts onto the hinge is a bit thicker than the typical sheetmetal. Just make sure you get the new bolt holes aligned w/ the hinge. I'd use 1/4" plate there so you can drill & tap for bolts. You're doing an amazing job! Keep it up :cheers: :cool:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom