Arnold's Nip-Tuck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Three weeks later the final piece of Arnold has been retrieved from the stripper - here's one very clean tailgate. The hinge points are going to take a little work and finness.
IMG_10002.jpg
IMG_10041.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I haven't ever seen such a sweet looking tailgate.

Very nice. Your small shop have time to do some work on a 45LV?

I'm sure they would welcome the opportunity. They've been working on the pig as a "spare time" project so as long as you don't mind waiting a while there should be no issues. I've been hauling "stuff" to the stripper in Bartlett and rounding up any of the Toyota parts needed i.e. body panels, gaskets, window felts ect. Charging a flat rate and working on a T & M basis

Let me know if you want their name. They're in downtown Palatine.

Well another trip to the shop to check on Arnold's progress and here's where we are.....

The tailgate re-assembly is giving them fits. Getting the linkages for the glass lock-out connected to the tailgate handle and then there's the issue of the seam in the tailgate not matching the seam on the rear fenders.
IMG_10101.jpg
IMG_10112.jpg
IMG_10083.jpg

Where was this body work getting done? I just saw a spitting image of Arnold riding down the expressway on a flatbed in Austin TX. I had just been looking at your update earlier, don't see many late piggies (or pigs at all) in this neck of the woods.

Maybe someone else has a nice red and white '78-'79?

:cheers:

Tucker

One Pretty Pig - Arnold Has His Day

Well, it not quite mid September but a vacation got in the way (how come California gets all the nice looking Cruisers) and then work and then a hundred other things but finally I have pics of Arnold.

Thanks to the Cruiser community for helping with the project - Landpimp, Gumby, Lucy_FJ55, FJBen, Mot, orangefj45, merbesfield, chitown40, shmukster, Cruiserdan, SOR - I'm sure that I'm leaving someone out and I apologize to them. I took almost 4 years to round up the parts and pieces to get this pig to where it is. :beer: :beer: :beer:
IMG_10351.jpg
IMG_10341.jpg
IMG_10331.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom