Arm rest for the 80 series that works (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After 6 years of owning 80 series cruisers I am still searching for the perfect arm rest. She should be blonde or brunette, under 180lbs, love the outdoors, and be very flexible....

What on earth would he think it was? It's just PVC :rolleyes::confused:
I'm mostly joking. I'm just thinking, at night, in poor light, it could be anything. Like an anti-tank weapon! :)

Update: The armrest I installed above didn't work out. It broke off clean at the base when I leaned on it to get something out of the passenger seat. This is my new setup:

Here are pictures and Amazon link:
Amazon product

I opened the bottom box and measured it. I cut and inserted a piece of 3/4 inch plywood. This allowed me to bolt it to the console without cracking the bottom portion of the arm rest. I bought it last February and installed it right away. It has held up much better than the first one. It is also more comfortable.

Attachments​

• 20230131_131019.jpg
    20230131_131019.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230131_131028.jpg
    20230131_131028.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230131_131040.jpg
    20230131_131040.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230131_131057.jpg

I'm still using this one I made a couple years ago. Still works great. Only drawback is that I can't rotate it up and out of the way if I want to. But I don't really ever feel the need to do that. This pic is from when I first put it in the truck with the factory console.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I now have a DeltaVS center console and the armrest is level with the top of the Delta console. I added a cushion to the top of my Delta console and with the extra armrest in place it's kinda like one big wide armrest. Has made long drives more comfortable.
This pic is just the Delta console with the cushion I added to the top of it. My extra armrest isn't in the truck since I removed it while I installed the console.
Delta Console by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Pretty basic/simple design. It mounts to the floor using the rear seat bolt. I built it with tabs for both the rear seat bolt and another bolt that would have to be drilled in the floor, but it's never needed the second bolt. Has felt very sturdy with just the rear seat bolt. Feels much more solid than bolted to the side of the plastic console. I've contemplated making a new bracket to bolt it to the side of the Delta console since it's metal, but there really is no advantage to doing that so I left it alone.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom