For Sale Arkansas, 1990 Toyota 80, 136k miles, diesel, manual, LHD, ready to drive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Silver
Outside Link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/256443854659
1990 FZJ80, 1HD-T diesel, manual, LHD, factory air, factory winch, Old Man Emu, Gobi X rear bumper, 137k miles, etc.

I've owned if for about 4 years and have most of the bugs worked out. Starts and run every time. Full listing on Ebay with more pics and explanation of mods and updates. Thanks for looking!
Thomas
Asking price is $45,000 OBO.

PXL_20240303_195112509.jpg

PXL_20240303_195142631.jpg

PXL_20240303_195214121.jpg

PXL_20240303_195220152.jpg

PXL_20240303_195424714.jpg

Last edited:
This is a cut and paste of the Ebay ad for more details. I hate it when people post something and I have to follow a link to get more info... and I was about to do that to you guys. Sorry.

This is my 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser with a 1HD-T diesel engine and a manual transmission and the steering wheel on the correct side of the car. You see a lot of these with the steering wheel on the wrong side and they are driven by people that don't use tollways or drive throughs.

I bought this rig in 2020 and began the process of enjoying it and making it "mine". I am part owner of Mud Connection in Little Rock and we got to have fun doing this project. Things done since I got it include:
- OME suspension, new coils and shocks
- GobiX rear bumper with trailer hitch and rear tire carrier
- Evo Corse wheels with BFG KM3 tires, like new
- TRD throwback wrap... I know, it's not exact but I love the colors. If you are going to drive something like this, you may as well have fun with it! It gets more attention than most of my other cars. Original color is silver
- new headlights
- new rearview mirrors
- factory hidden winch with controller
- factory rear air that works. Apparently this is super rare. Who knew?
- new power steering pump

We have fixed little issues that have come up in the past. Window switches, electric gremlins, etc. AC needs to be charged every spring to get a really cold air. I'm in Arkansas and it is like a really humid heat here in the summer and unless something is frigid you don't even feel it. If you live in a mild climate you might be okay.

The good:
Drives great. Shifts great. Good clutch feel. All electric works and functions. No rust I can find. It was not rusted when I put the wrap on and I'm not hiding any paint work. I just wanted a crazy wrap. Would I drive this to California? Sure, if I hated myself. It is super comfortable at 65mph. Anything over that is pushing it in my opinion. Drives one hand on the steering wheel at 65mph and smooth.

The bad:
It's hard to come up with any major problems. I mentioned the AC in a previous paragraph. It is a South American Land Cruiser from Paraguay. It is not perfect. It is not mint condition. It was driven on dirt roads and mountains and by someone that was driving a truck and not a collectors car. It will forever be a project that you will love and enjoy. Buy it with that expectation.

Thomas, why the heck are you selling your baby?!?!? Because I bought a new baby. I have a silver LHD diesel with a manual sitting in my shop ready to be projected. It's just fun to start from scratch and enjoy it.

I have a clear Arkansas title in my name in my car title folder. No import papers etc.

If you have any questions please let me know. I am not a LC book of knowledge. I know about this Cruiser but not about what kind of valve spring this serial number had that is different from the ones built in March as opposed to April. I love those buyers and those questions but I'll have a big blank expression if you ask that stuff. Inspections are also welcome by appointment. The truck is not at Mud Connection so don't show up there looking for it. Email me, lets talk. Come look at it, I'll buy you a burger (turkey or cow) and show you around.

Thanks for looking!

Walk around video (if you hated this ad, just watch the video and listen to me ramble for 5 minutes, that will make you like me more):

Driving video (it's pretty bad but you can see me roll through the gears and I hit about 50mph):

VIN is HDJ800000120, Ebay doesn't know that there are some vehicles in the world that don't have 17 digit VINs

Thomas has several beautiful cruisers. However, this cruiser might take the cake. I purchased a HDJ80 from Thomas last month while mine is nowhere near the condition of his daily driver shown here, it has great bones and I am happy with my purchase. Thomas worked around my schedule and more than delivered when I arrived to pick up my rig from him. If I had the money to spend on this one, it would already be bought. Someone is going to get a beast of rig coupled with the pleasure of doing business with a stand up guy!

GLWS!

k295 axle code. LSD? do they work? front and rear?
That's a really good question? I've never offroaded it to check them out. It will be a few days but I can put it on a lift and have them see if they are still in there.

k295 axle code. LSD? do they work? front and rear?
Its my understanding that K295 designation is rear only. At least my HDJ81 is stamped with a rear red LSD sticker and front is open.
Can anyone confirm?

Its my understanding that K295 designation is rear only. At least my HDJ81 is stamped with a rear red LSD sticker and front is open.
Can anyone confirm?

Correct

Cheers

Had to follow the link just to get the price... I hate that.

FYI, I have the K295 in one of my FZJ80's, and told the limited slip clutch plates don't last too long. How long, I don't know, but I have ~ 248K Km (around 150K Mikes) on it, and it appears to be working.

Had to follow the link just to get the price... I hate that.

FYI, I have the K295 in one of my FZJ80's, and told the limited slip clutch plates don't last too long. How long, I don't know, but I have ~ 248K Km (around 150K Mikes) on it, and it appears to be working.
Price!!! Dang man, you are right. Sorry about that. Fixed it in the first post. That is a pet peeve of mine also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom