are u guys running an aux fuse box? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
ok i have 6 lights in front, 2 lights on each side, 2 lights in the rear, a CB radio, a stereo amp ect....... all of which is coming off the battery pos so its getting kinda clustered. i was woundering are all you guys with this many accecorys running aux fuse boxes? or i have seen a clamp that attached to the pos post, its kinda like a metal bar that extends off the pos post and has a bunch of plugs so you can plug in your wires with out the cluster of them all being bunched together. any one see this?

thanks
mike

I run military terminals on the batts, with some juicy thick wire back to 2 remote boxes, 1 under the ps front seat (idea pilfered from Christo) and the other to the rear ds quarter panel. Makes a huge difference. Both boxes have both switched and constant power.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_interior_fusebox.htm

fusebox1.jpg

I also use two aux fuse blocks.

The first one is behind the aux battery (here, with the box & connections removed) for exterior lights, etc...

The second, also a carbon copy of Christo's installation, under the PS seat for interior accessories, fed by the large gauge maxi-fused cable visible in the first pix...

lc_fuseblk_eng_400.jpg

lc_fuseblk_int_400.jpg

Cheers, R -

Flatlander - bite your tongue. I'm :ban: from Radio Shack. Seems as though they didn't like the fact I was trying out one of their soldiering irons in their store. ::) :flipoff2: Then again, I hate that place and wouldn't buy anything there unless emergency.

Only top notch stuff. In fact most of my high end cabling is welding cable. :D :D

I like the fuse blocks. Where u guys get them from? On-line site?

Very Clean and convienent! I like it. Tell us where you got the stuff so we can copy you:). Where can you get military terminals, and where do we find these aux fuse boxes? Thanks, I've got a 55 I need to wire us some spare boxes into.

Having less demanding needs than some of the other folks here, I used a 7 circuit auxiliary box for some of the less current-hungry stuff: http://www.painlessperformance.com/catalogframe.htm

My Optima has both top and side terminals, so I've tapped some aux lighting to the side terminals.

Tyler cited a source for the interior fuse block - Ben at Slee Offroad also has a source, I believe. The exterior 10-circuit block I used is a Echlin FB6414 fuse block (available from Napa) - one of many in their catelog to choose from, as are others from other national chain auto parts retailers.

A closer look at my under-the-hood setup... the relays control the aux battery charging circuit.

batt_relay_mod_03_400.jpg

batt_relay_mod_04_400.jpg

Cheers, R -

Ron,
>> the relays control the aux battery charging circuit. <<

I would be very interested in more information on this.

-B-

Ron,
I'm familiar with those sources. A dual battery set up is the next project now that I've finished the onboard air fiasco. I'm open to ideas at this stage. I'm still leaning toward the Hellroaring unit that Yomama installed a few years ago.

-B-

In the absence of being able to reply to a PM for some reason, the Sable maxi fuse box came from an early 90s Sable. It is located aft of the left strut tower, near the hood hinge. Coincidentally, this model Sable also tends to have the much coveted two speed electric cooling fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom