Are these shackles to straight up and down? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry for the dark crappy phone pics, 1st is the rear and 2nd is the front. I have the SOR Extreme shackles with I believe 1 1/2" of lift and was wondering if that is what is throwing off the angles? Also any suggestion on stock or OME shackles? I have a set of Dobinson springs.
1201091903.jpg
1201091903a.jpg

Depends. How does it ride?

Generally I'd say yes, but the fix is to either put on stock shackles, get a longer rear spring made or move the shackle frame mount farther forward on the frame.

It doesn't bother me much but the wife complains and my daughter often says, "Daddy the bumps are making my goldfish (crackers) jump out of my bowl."

It doesn't bother me much but the wife complains and my daughter often says, "Daddy the bumps are making my goldfish (crackers) jump out of my bowl."

Moving the hangers will make your suspension flex better as well, more droop, more uptravel, smoother ride. Well worth it.

For the children, where's Suzanne Summers when you need her?

The easiest thing would to have a main and second leaf made for each of your rear springs that is just a hair longer. Then just swap them out and you've got a better ride.

i'd just drive around on some bumpy dirt roads with some weight in the back. Give your new stuff a chance to settle in.

yeah, thats a horrible shackle angle, I have the exact same problem. I will be addressing it when I do a SPOA in January. Shackle reversal up front and I plan on moving the Shackle mount forward in the rear.
If you don't want to do any major fab work, like cutting and welding, I would just leave it and hope the springs settle in (this would mean they would flatten out more and be longer resulting in a better shackle angle resulting in a nicer ride).

yeah, thats a horrible shackle angle, I have the exact same problem. I will be addressing it when I do a SPOA in January. Shackle reversal up front and I plan on moving the Shackle mount forward in the rear.
If you don't want to do any major fab work, like cutting and welding, I would just leave it and hope the springs settle in (this would mean they would flatten out more and be longer resulting in a better shackle angle resulting in a nicer ride).

well... it would be just like me to disagree.......
however, if the shakle "swing" will acomidate the change in the length of the spring... it will be fine. the fact of the matter is that spring rate is what dictates how rough the ride is. (also if youve have heavy duty shocks that happen to be valved really strong the ride will be like crap,,, in that case try a set Rancho......rs 9000's and you will have the best of both worlds....
good luck Dave.

Depends. How does it ride?

Generally I'd say yes, but the fix is to either put on stock shackles, get a longer rear spring made or move the shackle frame mount farther forward on the frame.

I would move the rear mounts forward on the frame......BUT the front mounts, I would move BACK or Towards to the rear of the vehicle NOT forward...

goodest answer.

But only on the rear mounts.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom