Are the OEM UCA ball joints greasable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have grease stains right below them and I’m wondering if I need to re-grease them? Don’t see any zeros though…

Sometimes a little grease might wick out through the taper/boot over time.. think just enough to make the metal parts close to that area look wet. If you see anything more than slightly oily parts, yes, probably a tear.

But no, no zerks on factory ball joints that I know of, and still they have a long service life.

Ok and are they replaceable?
Yes, though they usually last a very long time and when they are finally done, the inner bushings are pretty bad too, so many just replace the whole arm.

They can be pressed out/in the arm with a press and the correct adapters though. I did this job on a friend's taco with a screw-type balljoint press and it was a total pain in the ass. I wouldn't do it again without the arm off and in a hydraulic shop press.

All of that said, I definitely wouldn't replace them unless they are mechanically worn out. A little bit of grease weeping out the shaft seal isn't anything to be worried about.

Have any pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom