are the air rail threaded fittings on a 1971 California F engine cylinder head the same thread pitch and diameter as a 2F 1/75-9/87 cylinder head ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
are the air rail threaded fittings on a 1971 California F engine cylinder

head the same thread pitch and diameter as a

2F 1/75-9/87 cylinder head ?

thanks for any tech here

thanks
matt :)

1645671958603.png

Last edited:
Matt,

I have a confirmed 12/67 build 1F engine that has the California smog head. I put the desmog Man e Fre brass plugs in it and they screw in perfect.

They are not as nice as your NOS plug kit you have on your site. :(

If you want to triple confirm your plugs for early 1F, you can send me a single plug on my next order and I'll report back here.

Thanks
Ernie

Matt,

I have a confirmed 12/67 build 1F engine that has the California smog head. I put the desmog Man e Fre brass plugs in it and they screw in perfect.

They are not as nice as your NOS plug kit you have on your site. :(

If you want to triple confirm your plugs for early 1F, you can send me a single plug on my next order and I'll report back here.

Thanks
Ernie

Thanks Ernie

your the best brother !

:)

FWIW, For a zillion years we merely supplied 1/4" NPT plugs with our Holley conversion kits.

FWIW, For a zillion years we merely supplied 1/4" NPT plugs with our Holley conversion kits.

good evening mr. downey , how are you sir

1/4 NPT pipe plugs are Neither JIS Thread pitch or diameter , and DO NOT have the necessary milled compression seat face the NON-USA ones in japan have ,....

how did this simply get by for so long ?

^^^^Evidently because it worked, so must not necessarily require the exact correct plugs. We found that NPT fit many Landcruiser applications (i.e. temp sender, have been using 1/2"NPT for years).

^^^^Evidently because it worked, so must not necessarily require the exact correct plugs. We found that NPT fit many Landcruiser applications (i.e. temp sender, have been using 1/2"NPT for years).

thanks for your valued input as always Mr. Downey

kindly matt :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom