Are the 80's too old (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thankyou all for the input. Regarding why i am looking at petrol 80's, its to do with condition. Most diesels in perth WA have seen alot of miles offroad and have been modified, damaged, have more rust issues, harness issues but still attract a premium due to being diesel. I can pick up a vx sahara petrol with no dents, no rust, no modifications, pretty much stock standard for 4k usd, an equivalent in diesel is 18kusd . I have the time and facilities to do the work to turn it diesel and will end up with a straighter car for less total cost.
Why go to the trouble of converting to diesel though? You could buy a lot of petrol with the costs of conversion.

Why go to the trouble of converting to diesel though? You could buy a lot of petrol with the costs of conversion.

I'd assume the remoteness of places in Australia. There's quite a few areas that dont have gas/petrol stations for a long ways.

Good question, and personal preference is a big part, but also in remote places where there are no servos the most likely fuel to be found is diesel. In some areas petrol is banned and you can only buy opel fuel. Diesel is just easier.

Good question, and personal preference is a big part, but also in remote places where there are no servos the most likely fuel to be found is diesel. In some areas petrol is banned and you can only buy opel fuel. Diesel is just easier.
Yeah Australia seems better suited to diesel, especially with all those deep water crossing up north. I would look for an FZJ80 with a blown headgasket but otherwise in decent shape if you're gonna be swapping in a 1HDT anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom