ARB Rear Bumper or Wilco/Rigd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to leave this up to the Cruiser Gods of Mud.

I have an opportunity to get an ARB base rear bumper for $1100 brand new. I live in Southern Utah and go out on trails quite a bit.. that being said, I've read some unsavory things about the ARB rear bumper.

I've also been looking at the Rigd and Wilco swingouts and they seem to do the job in terms of a rear tire carrier, which is mainly what I am looking to accomplish with a bumper. To get the tire carrier for the ARB, it's an additional $700.

I have a Front Runner rack on the way and intend to carry jerry cans, etc on the rack.

Do I pull the trigger on the ARB and go for it just because I can get a deal?

I’ve got the ARB rear with (US) driver side tire swing out. It’s a bear of an install for what it is (bumper was installed when I bought it and I installed the swing out myself after the fact), but it’s a nice piece. I think it looks pretty good, and the integrated tail lights are nice once you start loading things up (my tail light is covered from my 315).

The bumper has a load rated receiver if that’s of concern to you. And the tire swing out has an additional 2” receiver that goes through the center of the spare. I’m fabbing something up now to carry my mountain bike from it. Pretty nifty.

Only complaint would probably be the additional overhang if you are doing some decent trails. For my use, it’s great and I won’t run into a problem. In that same vein, if you’re hopping up on the roof as you mentioned, you may actually come to like the additional overhang. Perfect step to get up there.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom