ARB RD1045 drawers on FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys.

Just installed the ARB drawers in my 80. Pretty straight forward. I didn't drill the holes on the anchor points, as suggested by ARB. I used the original hole instead.
I believe the instructions say that that hole needs to be bigger in diameter in order to take the provided bolts, stating that the original bolt is not "strong enough.

Also, It wasn't clear to me if the carpet needed to be removed, so I installed the drawers with the original carpet ON. So when I tightened the bolts on the original anchor points on the back, I noticed that the drawers don't sit completely straight. They sit higher in the middle, where both drawers meet. Will that cause any damage to the system or the truck? Should I remove the carpet in order to have a clean setup?

pd. My son is already loving the Cruiser :cool:

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 11.44.34.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 11.44.54.png

hi guys.

Just installed the ARB drawers in my 80. Pretty straight forward. I didn't drill the holes on the anchor points, as suggested by ARB. I used the original hole instead.
I believe the instructions say that that hole needs to be bigger in diameter in order to take the provided bolts, stating that the original bolt is not "strong enough.

Also, It wasn't clear to me if the carpet needed to be removed, so I installed the drawers with the original carpet ON. So when I tightened the bolts on the original anchor points on the back, I noticed that the drawers don't sit completely straight. They sit higher in the middle, where both drawers meet. Will that cause any damage to the system or the truck? Should I remove the carpet in order to have a clean setup?

pd. My son is already loving the Cruiser :cool:

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
View attachment 2609478View attachment 2609479
Anyone did this install?

I can’t speak to long term issues with the raised center, but I have the same drawers installed over the carpet and it’s perfectly flat. It sounds like the installation might not be correct. I drilled out the holes FWIW.

I can’t speak to long term issues with the raised center, but I have the same drawers installed over the carpet and it’s perfectly flat. It sounds like the installation might not be correct. I drilled out the holes FWIW.
Thanks for the reply.
The holes that need to be extended are the ones on the anchor points right? 2 holes. The other holes are from the third row seat anchor point. So a total of four bolts are used to secure the drawers to the body. I used the things supplied to attach both drawers together. But is there anything to make the attachment tighter, like bolting the "walls" of both drawers together?
Maybe I need to loosen the bolts on the anchor points?
Cheers

Have you used the provided spacers?

I am also thinking of moving the rear crossmember of the drawers, to match the rearmost anchor point of the third row seats. Do you think it is a good idea?

Cheers

Does the rd1045 come with the side wings? I'm guessing not. what did you purchase in total? How is it working out for you?

Does the rd1045 come with the side wings? I'm guessing not. what did you purchase in total? How is it working out for you?
No, you have to order them apart, I believe part Number is FK80.
So far, I am happy with them. ARB quality is real good. An I'm not using them for heavy off-road/overlanding. So it fit my needs pretty well.
I had an issue installing them, my bad. Just fixed it the other day and now it looks much better than before!
Cheers

No, you have to order them apart, I believe part Number is FK80.
So far, I am happy with them. ARB quality is real good. An I'm not using them for heavy off-road/overlanding. So it fit my needs pretty well.
I had an issue installing them, my bad. Just fixed it the other day and now it looks much better than before!
Cheers
did you end up taking the carpet out?

did you end up taking the carpet out?
carpet is still on. Just added the provided spacers (I believe the 15 mm ones). It now seems more tight and leveled, because there is a solid surface to which the frame rests on, instead of being on top of the soft carpet and sound deadening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom