ARB Intensity - "knockoff" or "unbranded" versions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a set of these "10 inch" chinese made lights off of Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B01FLUEU90
I have been very pleased with them. I need to get around to actually measuring the draw but they blow 30 amp fuses which seems to put them damn close if not at their claimed power rating. That in itself is surprising for Chinese lights. They are not as tight a focus as I would like, but with this type of tech, they can't be. They do however concentrate the main output of the light down the road nicely while still throwing enough side scatter to give broad illumination close in. In fact the side scatter out does the output of my (chinese) "520 watt" LED light bar and the central beam makes the light bar laughable.They have been in the rain and snow for months now and immersed during water crossings as well and seem to be completely waterproof.

They seem to be sturdy and well made. I have zero complaints. I expect I will buy another set or three for my other rigs.

Mark...

How about durability as far as bouncing these down trails? Have they had much of this type use?

I'm looking for a reasonably priced 7 or 9 inch round led but I spend a lot of time in the woods and I've read a few complaints about them failing from shock impacts of dirt and washboard roads.

I just wrote up a small thing about these lights here in my build thread
Adventure Chaser build

In short I got this light http://amzn.to/2DBQRpP
and this harness http://amzn.to/2DPOALe
and this switch http://amzn.to/2FjPwEH

2018-01-16-11-20-30-1-jpg.1612692
i'm using these ones and they haven't moved or fallen off.

I put a fair bit of trail miles on my rig every year. Plenty of washboard type terrain and plenty of whoop-de-whoops too. No problems with the lights so far. Still very happy with the ones I have. (See my post above for the specific lights.)

Mark...

Amazon product ASIN B01MR7FPK5
They were $10.99 when I ordered. It seems they're no longer available and I wasn't able to find an alternative with a casual search. There is the ARB Intensity version available, but at a whooping $57.
yea I haven't found another either.
Do these work well? is the light output actually yellow or amber? is it decreased?

Do these work well? is the light output actually yellow or amber? is it decreased?

Running the light output through any filter will decrease it to some degree, and create heat as a by-product. How far the light color is changing through the filter will dictate how much is lost, and how much heat is produced. Whether you can tell it's less light is another story.

i mean yea...there currently is a clear shield over it already. I just wanted a more of a yellow output

Yes, it is a full amber output. I used these heavily when in snow conditions and they were perfect. Also, I've ran them for long periods of time (2-3 hours) with no heat transference issues between the light and filter. There was negligible decrease in the throw, but in all honesty the throw from the pair of 96W lights with these on was still stellar.

I have these yellow covers... when they’re off, the lights look like giant orange reflectors during the day... when they’re on at night, the light output from the xsprite lights is similar to JDM yellow. I personally like it.

I just bought some of these 7" LED round lights

They use CREE lights and people seem to like them. That retailer has them for $118 out the door with harness if you use the code "FREEDOM". Here's to hoping they hold up.

I recently used an auxbeam 20” light bar on some dark trails in Colorado. It really worked well for me. I would like a serious set of lights but I may have to wait until this dies.

It already has moisture in it, so it won’t be long.

damn it... i found them on ebay for like 17 each and bought them there

glad i found this. This same xsprite cover fits my other generic amazon 9" lights. Looking forward to using it for our winter weekend ski trips. The lights are unusable when snowing unless you really love star wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom