ARB Bull Bar swap: any tips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
This weekend I am swapping the ARB bull bar on my '99 LC over to a friend's '04 LC. It's the ARB combo bar #3413050. I'm just curious if anyone has experience uninstalling/installing this bumper, and if there are any tips for ensuring it goes smoothly. Based on the ARB instructions it seems pretty straightforward, should be easy enough between 2 capable wrenchers.

Thanks in advance for any help!

just a heads up that that bar might have clearance issue installed on an 03+. i installed the 03+ model on my 2000 but it just results in a slightly larger gap . the reverse, installing a 98-02 version on an 03+ may result in interference or too little gap between body and bumper.

just a heads up that that bar might have clearance issue installed on an 03+. i installed the 03+ model on my 2000 but it just results in a slightly larger gap . the reverse, installing a 98-02 version on an 03+ may result in interference or too little gap between body and bumper.

For real?! I need to look into this... anyone else have this issue?

The crush tubes inside the frame brackets are most likely compromised, and the pinholes would most likely not line up, depending on how it's tweaked during install.

Part numbers for ARB bull bars for 98-02 are different than those for 2003+. Not sure what the difference is, but there is some clearance issues. As far as taking it off and putting it on another truck, its just a matter of taking some bolts off and disconnecting the turn signal wires. It is easier done with two people as it is heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom