Arb awning 2500 on OEM rack question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

so I mounted a 2500 arb awning to the oem (2004 lx470) roof rack the instructions say not to let there be any overhang more than 27 inches or something similar. I moved the gamiviti mounts as far I could forward and rear. The overhang on the front is pretty significant, about 39 inches from the front mount. I would think someone would make an additional bracket to give extra support, but so far I haven’t found anything. I know I could fab something but I don’t have the tools, or know-how to make a bracket. Anyone else have a solution for this? I do a lot of off-roading to camping and need things as tight as possible.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice! What roof rack do you have mounted to the original in the picture. I'd like one, that I can remove and still leave the original roof rack in place. I wouldn't mind the awning either :)

Thanks for your post!

Last edited:
It a Rola vortex. I have the same one with extension on my 86 4Runner. Don’t see the need for an expensive $1000 rack when you can get something that gets the job done for less than $200.

ROLA 59504 V-Tex Rooftop Cargo Basket Amazon product ASIN B004R34HDC
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thank you! Did the mounting hardware come with it, or did you have to buy an additional kit? Sorry for so many questions.

The rola rack comes with universal crossbar mounts that for lx/lc bars perfect. For the 4Runner I mounted directly onto the fiberglass shell.

anyone have any ideas for the bracket on the arb 2500?

The rola rack comes with universal crossbar mounts that for lx/lc bars perfect. For the 4Runner I mounted directly onto the fiberglass shell.

anyone have any ideas for the bracket on the arb 2500?

Ordered one from Amazon. Thanks again!

I wonder if you could get some version of tracks to run along the length of the roof that you could attach a bracket on.

Have you had any issues with the overhang or have you figure out a solution? I have the 2500 as well and I moved it back as much as possible so the over hang is more symmetrical on both ends. I want to move it more forward but the over hang seems to be a lot at 39".

I have the approximately the same amount of overhang. It's been on since early 2019 and have not experienced any issues. However, the truck hasn't been wheeled as much as I would like and the awning has only been deployed a handful of times.

If you're that concerned about it consider a new full length rack? Check out the thread below ... it dosen't seem to be an issue

Last edited:
I had the same issue with the shorter LX roof rack. In my case it was large tent, but I also have that awning now. I couldn't get comfortable with the overhang in the front on the tent. So, ended up with a gamiviti rack.

Another option is to swap shorter roof-rack to OEM longer one. You should be able to find a take-off easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom