ARB Adjustments...100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Insurance costs money....?

Replacing bolts on your own may be the hassle free way to go... Especially if they screwed you already.

If you havent already, try taking out all 4 (i think) bolts that mount the bumper to the brackets. You should def be able to move it then. Will take more than 1 pair of hands.....
they are buying the bolts and will readjust the bumper tomorrow. He said whatever it takes to get it right we will do.

and no, i dont think i came out ahead.....:(

well thats good ...the one thing frustrating when it comes to having work done on your personal vehicle is it never gets done as good as you would do it...what I have learned in the past is it may take several attemps for the repair guys to get it right....so when you get the arb bumper new does it come with new equipment to attach it to the front end?...bolts washers ect.....

well thats good ...the one thing frustrating when it comes to having work done on your personal vehicle is it never gets done as good as you would do it...what I have learned in the past is it may take several attemps for the repair guys to get it right....so when you get the arb bumper new does it come with new equipment to attach it to the front end?...bolts washers ect.....
i dont know if it does or not b/c i had it shipped directly to them. I would assume it would, but of course i could be wrong.

there were new bolts in the DS

Unless you bring it to Slee's, they seem to get it right the first time, way better then you had planned.

Unless you bring it to Slee's, they seem to get it right the first time, way better then you had planned.
that reasoning works if i lived CLOSER to CO......

I truly think i could have put that bumper on much better than the guys who put mine on did.

agreed next time I take a fifteen hundred mile trip I will stop in.....N Iwas alittle surprised that you did not do the install yourself....man I hope you get all the little goodies back...

agreed next time I take a fifteen hundred mile trip I will stop in.....N Iwas alittle surprised that you did not do the install yourself....man I hope you get all the little goodies back...
yep, i just got it back and all the goodies to go along with it. Why the f they didnt give them to me in the first place is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:
that reasoning works if i lived CLOSER to CO......

I truly think i could have put that bumper on much better than the guys who put mine on did.

Mine got put on at a jeep dealership...properly! :)

Driving over to Slees would only take a 3 Day weekend.

At least they will try to make it right.

Mine got put on at a jeep dealership...properly! :)

Driving over to Slees would only take a 3 Day weekend.

At least they will try to make it right.
good point...

when you get back i have a couple of projects i'll need your help on.....:D:D

Hey Liam,

Its pretty normal to have to use a die grinder to enlarge the mounting holes to get enough adjustment to even the bars up on the cruiser's. i've lost count of how many I've installed of both the TJM and ARB bars. Its not uncommon to have to use a floor jack to get the clearances needed and hold the adjustment while you tighten everything up. The bars are normaly +/- 3mm in the build tolerance but the trucks can be up to an inch different. Anyways, hope you got it sorted.

Hey Liam,

Its pretty normal to have to use a die grinder to enlarge the mounting holes to get enough adjustment to even the bars up on the cruiser's. i've lost count of how many I've installed of both the TJM and ARB bars. Its not uncommon to have to use a floor jack to get the clearances needed and hold the adjustment while you tighten everything up. The bars are normaly +/- 3mm in the build tolerance but the trucks can be up to an inch different. Anyways, hope you got it sorted.
actually it is only partially sorted out. I am stopping in to see Cam at Ironpig on my way to Hilton Head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom