apron emblems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I purchased a 74 fj40 but it doesnt have any of the emblems on the truck. My wife wants to buy me emblems for christmas , will the emblems for a 73 & earlier bolt on to my 74 aprons. Thanks Bryan

Hello I purchased a 74 fj40 but it doesnt have any of the emblems on the truck. My wife wants to buy me emblems for christmas , will the emblems for a 73 & earlier bolt on to my 74 aprons. Thanks Bryan

Sure, if you drill holes! Otherwise, not so much.

The 74 was the first year for the plastic emblems on the apron. Just get the ones for the year. 74-83 all used the same emblems (I think). If you want to confuse some people then use the pre 74 emblems.

Later,

Ive got a set of original bolt on emblems.....If anybody is interested. They may be older tho.

so are you guys saying that the pre74 emblems have a different mounting bolt pattern than the later style ones??

i kinda figured (or HOPED) they were the same because i like the older ones better and was thinking of switching it up possibly some day..

so are you guys saying that the pre74 emblems have a different mounting bolt pattern than the later style ones??

Yes, that is the case....

Thanks , I guess ill get the correct ones for my year . I was hoping to use the earlier style . I like the look of those better. Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom