Events/Trails APRIL Run of the Month - Saturday, April 15, 2023 - Bradberry Cabin loop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
!!!!IMPORTANT!!!! Each vehicle needs to have your updated State Land Trust Permit for this run as we do cross Trust Land!! It's $15 for a year permit and it's something you should have anyway, you can get it here, it's a 2 min process https://asld.secure.force.com/recreationalpermit/

Mark your calendars for the April 2023 Run of the Month! This run will take place northeast of Tucson, see below for more details! Thanks to @Stepmurr for sharing his vast knowledge of this area.

When: Saturday, April 15, 2023

MEETUP DETAILS: 9:30 AM at Oracle, AZ Circle K gas station
2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 2000 W American Ave · 2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 - https://goo.gl/maps/cvYXuWds2ivoNmWy9
After gassing up meet in the adjacent dirt lot. We will plan to pull out of the gas station by 9:45 AM sharp!

The meetup spot is about a 2-hour drive from the Phoenix Valley, so plan accordingly.

About the run:

This is one of the most scenic routes I've run if you are a fan of Sonoran desert flora: thick "forests" of saguaros, cholla, ocotillo, and more. The hope is that we will hit this area at a prime time for spring desert blooms! The trail is a loop and we will plan to make it to Bradberry Cabin and stop there for lunch (plan to bring your own) before continuing on to finish the loop.

The trail should be stoker friendly HOWEVER I would recommend at minimum rock rails/sliders, especially if you are not an "experienced" off-road driver.

This will be organized as a day trip and we will finish up with plenty of time to book it back to the Valley or Tucson, but I myself will plan to be camping Saturday night at a location TBD and invite anyone else keen on the idea to join me! (Possibly camping near Chimney Rock area)

We will be using HAM for trail communications and it is highly recommended that even if you are unlicensed that you carry a handheld HAM radio for listening purposes.

If you plan to attend please chime in below!

Attendees:

1. Abigail (camping)
2. @TheGrrrrr
3. @AZdan
4. @DesmoPilot (camping)
5. @Hank Tank
6. @cruzer971 (maybe)
7. @Nphosek + guest
8. @Saddletramp (camping)
9. Saddletramp's friend Jim (camping)
10. @Otter (camping)
11. @jgoldstein
12. Mysterious new potential member
13. @brian az (camping)
14. @muttsinapig
15. @Mattman (maybe)
16. @jkl72-40 (maybe)
17. @GeoRoss camping and maybe trail
18. @mtn biker (maybe)
19. @Fishbone60
20. @drenmaster + friend (camping)
21. Potential new member @Jcuzzi (camping)
22. @Audiandvw (camping)
23. @Schoolboy (maybe camping)
24. Otter's Jeep friend (maybe)
25. @Stepmurr (camping)
26. @AZAA
27. @oilbrnr

Last edited:
Thanks for jumping on this one Abigail!

Sounds amazing. No ham or rock sliders on the Pig. @Stepmurr think I should risk it? Kid friendly?

Sounds amazing. No ham or rock sliders on the Pig. @Stepmurr think I should risk it? Kid friendly?
The trail was easy for my FJ40 and I doubt anything would stop your FJ55. Nothing death-defying for sure.

You will have to ask someone in a full size rig if they had any pinstriping on this one.

This is the Reddington/Redfield area?

I'll be down as a maybe. And camp. Does the trail swing by Hookers Hot Springs?!
Screenshot_20230306-133258.png

edit: Work schedule is out and I got the day off. I am off the maybe list!

Last edited:
Graham and I are a maybe on this. We'd be camping too.

Jason and I did this loop after Christmas and I thought it would be a great club run. is the route in at Redfield and out at Soza Mesa? The views from Soza Mesa make it a great camp spot.

Jason and I did this loop after Christmas and I thought it would be a great club run. is the route in at Redfield and out at Soza Mesa? The views from Soza Mesa make it a great camp spot.
Yup that is generally the route! Really scenic.

I am in. Day trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom