AOAA 8/14 was RC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I should be able to make this.

Maybe. Big maybe. I need rocker protection and a skid plate for the trans/case. I think I’m mostly ready to go otherwise. If not now, I need to get out in September.

This would be a shakedown so green or blue trails would be best. If you guys are going harder, I should probably opt out

There’s a big Heep event that weekend at Rausch just a heads up

Seems it's the Topless for Tatas event on the 14th.

Maybe start a bit earlier, and explore the Western Reserve?

Maybe start a bit earlier, and explore the Western Reserve?
That's fine as long as we explore the blue trails close to the entrance.

If that's not the plan let me know so I stay home and work on the 4runner. I can't take green trails all day.

This is the map on their website, but I think it's old, pretty sure the paper map has been updated (maybe Maplets/Maprika as well?)

I believe there are multiple new blue/black trails, not shown here. At a minimum, we can check out all the blues/blacks shown on the right half of this map.

I still want to run all the way out to the end of the Western Reserve some day...

a.JPG

This is the current map. The area in the middle is closed. It takes all day to take green trails to the back and get out on time. They charge steep late fees now per truck by the 1/2 hour.

Screenshot_20210803-112215.jpg

Greg I believe we were on one of the 121 trails when your front axle took a turn for the worst!!!!!

Last edited:
You are correct.

FWIW, a group of us ran the blue trails on the west of AOAA during Coal Mine. They are "blue leaning towards black" using the Rausch ratings. A bit tight in spots, but OK for the fat trucks if you're careful. Fun stuff for sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom