Anyone running Black Rhino Rapid wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at purchasing some new wheels for my 2002 LX470. I really like the look of the Black Rhino Rapid wheels in bronze. However, the size I'm looking at (17x8.5) says that it's not compatible with my vehicle. The center bore of the wheels is 110.1 and the +10 offset should work from what I've seen. I've even emailed Black Rhino and they also told me these wheels wouldn't fit. I've also looked at some of the other Black Rhino wheels on their site (like the Armory wheel in 18") that the configurator says will work for my vehicle and those have similar offsets and the same hub bore to the Rapid wheels that apparently won't work.

Can someone explain to me why the Rapid wheels wouldn't fit if the offset and hub bore of the wheels appear to be compatible? Or if someone is running these wheels please let me know if these in fact do work and if anything had to be modified to make them work on a 100 series.

I've posted the specs below from the Black Rhino website.
Wheel Specs.png

Black Rhino Rapid Wheels

Black Rhino Armory Wheels

Last edited:
What did you end up purchasing? Looking at SCS F5 and the rapid in 18x8.5 with 10mm offset.

What did you end up purchasing? Looking at SCS F5 and the rapid in 18x8.5 with 10mm offset.
I ended up going with some Method 305's. 17x8.5, 0 offset.

From what I could figure out about the Black Rhino Rapid wheels is that the hub bore of the wheel is too tight for the front hubs due to the bolts on the front hubs protruding out past the front hub itself. You can see in the thread below that these wheel spacers have to have indents cut around the hub bolts to fit properly. The Method Wheels have a 116.5mm hub bore which I assume is plenty big enough to fit around the hub bolts.

Reactions: LCT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom