Anyone running a dissent rear bumper (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I search of opinions ,pros and cons

Full disclosure, I work at Dissent :) There are only a handful out in the wild so far. We just started to ship the first orders, so you'll probably start to see more feedback soon.

It's ultra-high clearance and requires removal of the rear cross member, but you do NOT have to shorten the frame rails. We provide a new rear cross member that is then reinforced further with two triangulated pieces. The LC80 rear is the latest evolution of our rear bumper design, taking the learnings from our successful 100 and 200 series rears and improving upon it. In fact we plan to redesign the 100 rear to reflect what we did for the 80 rear, it's the latest and greatest from Dissent.

The other thing that sets us apart is our swing-out design, it's trail proven and it couldn't be easier to operate. it's easy-open, requiring little force, and you just slam it shut. I would say we have more swing-arms on 100 and 200 series cruisers in the USA then any other American manufacturer. I state that not to brag, but to illustrate that it's a proven design that's been extensively vetted. We custom designed our swing arm to achieve the rigidity required to prevent rattles and shakes when off-road.

rear-cross-braces.jpg

rear02.jpg

^^^ I see the truck above does not have the stock exhaust resonator. Will the OEM exhaust fit with the Dissent rear bumper, or does it need to be chopped as in the picture above?

Thanks for the photos. I love the fact it has the receiver hitch built in.

I’m interested thank you. Ready to ditch my cross member anyway. Question I watched a review that the fold out table doesn’t clear the tailgate and hatch. Table out; can’t open hatch. Tailgate down hatch open; can’t open table. Has that been addressed? Also can you order just bumper then add swing outs or is it an all at once deal? And do you have any incentives for the mud folks

I’m interested thank you. Ready to ditch my cross member anyway. Question I watched a review that the fold out table doesn’t clear the tailgate and hatch. Table out; can’t open hatch. Tailgate down hatch open; can’t open table. Has that been addressed? Also can you order just bumper then add swing outs or is it an all at once deal? And do you have any incentives for the mud folks

That video was an install error, the video has since been revised.

We're a land cruiser company... making sure the table clears the tailgate is a mandatory for us :)

tailgate-tire-clearance.jpg

@kem Do you know if the angled bracing from the bumper to the frame interferes with an auxiliary fuel tank such as the 24 gallon LRA?

@MoJ do you have a good picture of the tank install?
The rear bumper has two braces that go from each side of the receiver to the first(from the back forward) row of bolts for the bracket that once held the tire winch. That is all there is between the rails as everything else attaches to the outside or bottom of the rails and does not protrude inward.

@MoJ do you have a good picture of the tank install?
The rear bumper has two braces that go from each side of the receiver to the first(from the back forward) row of bolts for the bracket that once held the tire winch. That is all there is between the rails as everything else attaches to the outside or bottom of the rails and does not protrude inward.
I purchased a 24 gallon tank but it’s been delayed for months otherwise I’d take some pics. I stole the below pics from Exit Off-road. They’re of the 42 gallon version which I believe mounts the same but just hangs way lower. Same length and width dimensions I assume.
8A618C83-5ADF-4E3F-BC90-FDCCA816F982.jpeg
09DA08DF-84E6-44AB-8F3A-11DFA6C1BB98.jpeg
B884C24E-97BD-41AF-9667-3E8DD5E28C8C.jpeg

Comparing to the last photo you posted. Ignore the bird's-nest. I think that bracket is likely using the same holes as the brace you have installed.

20220506_175446.jpg

Comparing to the last photo you posted. Ignore the bird's-nest. I think that bracket is likely using the same holes as the brace you have installed.

View attachment 3005300
It appears so. Thanks. Wondering if they can both mount to the same holes.

The original anti bird nest plastic cover is still available 😁

It appears so. Thanks. Wondering if they can both mount to the same holes.

The original anti bird nest plastic cover is still available 😁
Ha i know. I have since removed the nest. I park in a garage so that is a 5 y/o plus nest. I am going to order a replacement cover.

Yes, you can run the LRA with the Dissent rear but you will sacrifice tow strength. The additional triangulated braces we supply are not required for installation if you are not towing any heavy loads, and as surmised before they do need to come out to fit the LRA tanks. Our supplied crossmember clears the tank no problem.

That video was an install error, the video has since been revised.

We're a land cruiser company... making sure the table clears the tailgate is a mandatory for us :)

View attachment 2955835
I am having this issue too, what was done to fix this?

Got a picture of your install with the table opened up?

Likely you have a large bumpstop on the outside of the arm, or too many washers "building up" the bump stop. Swap the thinnest bump stop you have to the outside of the tire carrier arm
Thank you - makes complete sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom