Anyone running 295/70/18's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of the worst tires I've ever owned. I highly suggest looking elsewhere.
Lol! Good to know. It has great reviews. What was the issue you had with them. The Revo 3 looks pretty good and also has great reviews. Not a bad looking tire either. Nitto Recon grappler looks nice but not light either.

Horrid in rain and mud, didn't stay balanced very well, super weak sidewalls and IMHO it's one the most bland looking tires out there.

Horrid in rain and mud, didn't stay balanced very well, super weak sidewalls and IMHO it's one the most bland looking tires out there.
A wet traction tire is a must for me. I’ll probably end up choosing between the Grabber Apt or Revo3.

Maybe @BarcoBeach can chime in on this thread? How'd you get 295/70R18 to fit on your LC and how much rubbing (if any)?

A wet traction tire is a must for me. I’ll probably end up choosing between the Grabber Apt or Revo3.

They were already on one of the 4Runners we purchased in the past, had they not been I likely would have never known anything about them and how subpar they are lol.

FWIW, I tried the 295/70r18 Nitto RG with MR701 +25mm and had solid contact on the KDSS arm. It definitely restricted steering. I added a 1/4” hub spacer, and the tires rubbed the arm at full lock. Reverse was a slightly different story. You clicks feel the lugs of the tires rubbing there even after the spacers.

My set-up at the time was King 2.5 600lb springs, Total Chaos UCAs.
BB36E001-B45D-46CF-A4A5-95A4AE4A6B14.jpeg

It just looks right!

Last edited:
FWIW, I tried the 295/70r18 Nitto RG with MR701 +25mm and had solid contact on the KDSS arm. It definitely restricted steering. I added a 1/4” hub spacer, and the tires rubbed the arm at full lock. Reverse was a slightly different story. You clicks feel the lugs of the tires rubbing there even after the spacers.

My set-up at the time was King 2.5 600lb springs, Total Chaos UCAs. View attachment 3054763

It just looks right!

Looks great! So are you still running them?

No. I ran them less than a month because of the rubbing. I was also trying to sort out some suspension issues at the time as well, so I had a very low acceptance for abnormalities at the time. I also switched wheels, so I’m running rock warriors with 285/70r17 at the moment.

No. I ran them less than a month because of the rubbing. I was also trying to sort out some suspension issues at the time as well, so I had a very low acceptance for abnormalities at the time. I also switched wheels, so I’m running rock warriors with 285/70r17 at the moment.
I take it you were using 1.25” spacers with the 295’s? I test fit a 295/70r18 Revo3 the other day and it hit my sway bar at full turn even with my 1.25 spacer w/Heritage wheel. This size looks the best in my opinion but I also don’t like rubbing every time I make a turn. I’ll most likely go to a 275/70r18 and hope it doesn’t look to narrow.

I take it you were using 1.25” spacers with the 295’s? I test fit a 295/70r18 Revo3 the other day and it hit my sway bar at full turn even with my 1.25 spacer w/Heritage wheel. This size looks the best in my opinion but I also don’t like rubbing every time I make a turn. I’ll most likely go to a 275/70r18 and hope it doesn’t look to narrow.
I run 275/70/18’s now on stock wheels with 1.25” wheel spacers and no lift, just the OEM 10mm spacer up front. No rubbing issues, maybe you can step up to a 285/70/18?

I run 275/70/18’s now on stock wheels with 1.25” wheel spacers and no lift, just the OEM 10mm spacer up front. No rubbing issues, maybe you can step up to a 285/70/18?
I am running 285/70r18 ridge grappler with no issues. But I want something less aggressive for highway use during spring/summer road trips.

I was running a +25mm offset aftermarket wheel which maths out to about a 1.37” spacer on a 60mm factory offset wheel. I added a 0.25” spacer to see if that significantly changed the rub on the KDSS arm. It did, but not enough for me to stick with it.

Has anybody tried welding something to the driver side turn stop knuckle to shorten the turning radius keeping the tire from making it far enough to hit the kdss?

Would you mind adding a couple photos so I can see how they look. Any poke or are they flush with fender?

My set-up at the time was King 2.5 600lb springs, Total Chaos UCAs. View attachment 3054763

It just looks right!

Part of the challenge is with more lift on IFS, the narrower the track as the tire swing inward.

The solution to the KDSS rub is a relocation bracket.

They were already on one of the 4Runners we purchased in the past, had they not been I likely would have never known anything about them and how subpar they are lol.
I don’t have any rubbing but I’m also running spacers (wanted to keep and dobinson mmr suspension

I don’t have any rubbing but I’m also running spacers (wanted to keep and dobinson mmr suspension
How do you like your Dobinsons? How would you compare them to any others you may have had and how much more firm compared to stock?

Surprised nobody has mentioned it but there are KDSS relocation kits that move it out of the way. Also lots of ideas on ways to mount the links to avoid adding stress as well.

I have zero complaints with the mmr suspension and it fits my needs perfectly (diff drop, control arms and kdss relocation). I have not played with the adjustability so can’t really speak on that. The only other suspension I’ve had on the lc200 is the stock suspension. Prior to the lc, I had a 4runner trd pro but after adding weight I ended up going withan icon stage six setup. Now it was set in a softer setting and it was absolutely the best riding 4x4 I’ve owned in terms of softening bumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom