Anyone running 295/70/18's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are any of you running a 295/70/18 on your lifted 200? If so, which lift are you running and what are your wheel specs? I am very torn between 285/70/18's and the 295's, but there are a lot more options in the larger 295's and the prices are better as well.

Are any of you running a 295/70/18 on your lifted 200? If so, which lift are you running and what are your wheel specs? I am very torn between 285/70/18's and the 295's, but there are a lot more options in the larger 295's and the prices are better as well.
here is a video to help you out...
295/70-18

Very easy fit on my LX: 295/70/18 is a tire size that you should consider* - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/295-70-18-is-a-tire-size-that-you-should-consider.1244282/

Lots of other examples in this thread. On the TLC you'd have the usual issues of clearing KDSS on the driver's side.

Yea, the LX has a lot more room without the KDSS in the way. I love the way the 295's look, just might have to go that route and accept worse fuel economy lol, but who am I kidding, it sucks as it is in a Toyota lol.

Yea, the LX has a lot more room without the KDSS in the way. I love the way the 295's look, just might have to go that route and accept worse fuel economy lol, but who am I kidding, it sucks as it is in a Toyota lol.
Bonus IMO is that you can stuff a spare underneath

Bonus IMO is that you can stuff a spare underneath

A 295 fits underneath in the spare area? I was under the impression that anything larger than a 33 wouldn't?

A 295 fits underneath in the spare area? I was under the impression that anything larger than a 33 wouldn't?

Yea it will absolutely fit with a few MM to spare before rubbing the panhard.

1657308668668.png

Is this cheaper than a bp-51? All in - parts and labor. Downsides?
It is much Cheaper - their website lists it for about $450 I think... But it is just an option for a mostly on road user who is just looking for looks and retain factory ride. If you are looking for looks and performance then you need to look into OME, Dobinsons, Bilstein, Fox, etc... all of those are more that 2x+ the price of Westcott's, or just swap the shock for some yellow Bilstein for tighter ride along with the Westcott

I'll be very curious to see how well you can make 295/70R18 work for you (i.e., I'm glad you might be the guinea pig and I can follow afterward). Note in that video that they removed the front mudflaps, and I assume they probably also trimmed the front of the wheel well liner. When I've searched the forum many times in the past, it has seemed like any LC owner on this forum has struggled to get 285/70R18 and larger to not have noticeable rub (with a few notable exceptions like @mcgaskins using stock UCAs/bumper). I'm sure you've probably already found all the same threads about this on here, and the general consensus has been that you can make 285/70R18 happen with a little work, but anything larger would take a lot of work (specifically for the LC, not the LX).

With an aftermarket bumper, I don't have to worry about front bumper clearance, but moving the wheel forward during alignment is still limited because of KDSS (I do have 1.25" spidertrax spacers on my 285/65R18 wheels, and the tires just barely knock the dust off a tiny sliver of the sway bar). I still have my front mud flaps without rubbing, but it is small clearance when turning. On my rig, I think 285/70R18 would start rubbing both the sway bar and the front mud flaps. Going even wider and taller to 295/70 I think would exacerbate it quite a bit on the KDSS. But I hope you can make it work, because that means I can realistically consider it, too.

I'll be very curious to see how well you can make 295/70R18 work for you (i.e., I'm glad you might be the guinea pig and I can follow afterward). Note in that video that they removed the front mudflaps, and I assume they probably also trimmed the front of the wheel well liner. When I've searched the forum many times in the past, it has seemed like any LC owner on this forum has struggled to get 285/70R18 and larger to not have noticeable rub (with a few notable exceptions like @mcgaskins using stock UCAs/bumper). I'm sure you've probably already found all the same threads about this on here, and the general consensus has been that you can make 285/70R18 happen with a little work, but anything larger would take a lot of work (specifically for the LC, not the LX).

With an aftermarket bumper, I don't have to worry about front bumper clearance, but moving the wheel forward during alignment is still limited because of KDSS (I do have 1.25" spidertrax spacers on my 285/65R18 wheels, and the tires just barely knock the dust off a tiny sliver of the sway bar). I still have my front mud flaps without rubbing, but it is small clearance when turning. On my rig, I think 285/70R18 would start rubbing both the sway bar and the front mud flaps. Going even wider and taller to 295/70 I think would exacerbate it quite a bit on the KDSS. But I hope you can make it work, because that means I can realistically consider it, too.

I have 275/70/18's on the stock wheels with Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers and the factory 10mm front spacer. No issues with rubbing but I removed both sets of front mud flaps and did some minor molding to the front portion of the inner fender liner. I don't think I'd tackle the 295's without the front bumper being replaced. I had long ago settled on 285/70/18's because of fitment issues but the idea of going slightly bigger is appealing.

I have 275/70/18's on the stock wheels with Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers and the factory 10mm front spacer. No issues with rubbing but I removed both sets of front mud flaps and did some minor molding to the front portion of the inner fender liner. I don't think I'd tackle the 295's without the front bumper being replaced. I had long ago settled on 285/70/18's because of fitment issues but the idea of going slightly bigger is appealing.

Yeah, removing the front mudflaps gives you a lot more room to play. With a new bumper, too, there's only the KDSS to worry about. 285/70R18 should be really easy in that case. I could imagine 295 also working with the wheels moved backward a little to clear KDSS. I've really been nervous about removing the front mudflaps since they do protect the side of the truck from rocks, but my worry might be unfounded since I haven't really seen anyone on here mention that they've had more rock chips on the doors without the mudflaps in place.

Yeah, removing the front mudflaps gives you a lot more room to play. With a new bumper, too, there's only the KDSS to worry about. 285/70R18 should be really easy in that case. I could imagine 295 also working with the wheels moved backward a little to clear KDSS. I've really been nervous about removing the front mudflaps since they do protect the side of the truck from rocks, but my worry might be unfounded since I haven't really seen anyone on here mention that they've had more rock chips on the doors without the mudflaps in place.

I haven't had an issue with rocks since removing the flaps and the steps or sliders help with that and mud. Go for it, remove those ugly things.

How about this thread?

Looks like BP51 might work with 295 70 18s.

I have 285/70/18 RG on heritage wheels Bp-51 lift and 1.25 spacers. I’m pretty happy with the size but the lack of options for something less aggressive is disappointing. I’m considering 275/70 Revo3 or Grabber apt for the more highway friendly option. I would personally prefer the 295/70 for the wider footprint and filling out the wheel well. I don’t do any hardcore off-road so full compression is not a real concern. I know for a fact, that with my current setup, a 295 will rub the sway bar at full turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom