Anyone replaced catalytic converters? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, local shops claimed all the parts were on backorder with no ETA. So I just ordered them from Bell Lexus Scottsdale myself.

From someone that lives near that dealership, is it considered a parts hub/different than normal dealers? I've seen some of their stuff advertised on eBay (and probably others). For their LX cargo mat, it was more expensive when I tried to order it at their parts counter and I had to mention that I saw it online cheaper (through them).

When I originally read the OP, I thought, "with what? Straight Pipes?" But then I was in the process of installing my Bud Built Cat shields. I wish we had an ECU crack where we could set the sensor readings where we want. Formula Libre!
Why? So you can delete the cats and make no more power than if they were there yet pollute exponentially more?

Why? So you can delete the cats and make no more power than if they were there yet pollute exponentially more?
Agree! Not only that, but it’s already bad enough when a smoker is in front and you can smell it when you’re trying to enjoy some fresh air.

Last edited:
Finally got everything installed. If anyone needs to do this in the future I learned a few things:
  1. Penetrating oil and a breaker-bar are helpful for removal
  2. Install the oxygen sensors after the pipes are in place so they don't interfere with sliding the pipes over the crossmember. An O2 sensor socket is very helpful (thanks @CharlieS )
  3. Remove the front plastic skid for more clearance
  4. It's nearly impossible to slide the pipe assemblies into place over the crossmember. I spent a few hours trying to get the right angle and rotation, removed the heat-shields, and eventually muscled them in. Re-installing the heat-shields is not easy. If I were to do it again, I would either remove the crossmember or drop the center exhaust pipe assembly. Getting the center exhaust pipe assembly even a few inches lower would have saved hours and allowed the heat-shields to stay on.
  5. Install both pipe assemblies loosely before tightening anything down all the way. A 14mm deep socket and 10" extension are helpful.
IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2583.JPG

The BudBuilt Catalytic Converter Guards are great. Not as much coverage as full-skids, but they will no doubt help as a deterrent.

IMG_2579.JPG

If your local dealer can't get parts, check Bell Lexus of Scottsdale--they were able to ship out the parts within a week and packaged everything really well.
Screenshot 2022-09-16 151812.png

Thanks to everyone for their advice. Hope you don't have to deal with this too.

And to all the thieves, I will now be parking in low mode :flipoff2:
IMG_2585.JPG

Since insurance was paying for it, why not just farm the install out to a shop?

Nice work. @desmodue it’s interesting those pipes are double-wall.. any guesses why they did that?

Since insurance was paying for it, why not just farm the install out to a shop?
I won’t speak for OP but if it were me, to make sure the job was done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom