Anyone replaced catalytic converters? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Catalytic converters have mysteriously vanished from under my 2010 LX. Id love to hear if anyone has had experience installing replacements themselves. Looks to be straightforward with just a few bolts and plugging in new oxygen sensors, but I want to make sure I’m not overlooking anything. I ordered the highlighted parts. Thanks!

3997E2F3-7CAF-44DB-A831-04CBC29CD627.jpeg

E9FE6611-207D-4B82-85D8-C2B08630E85A.jpeg

Looks like all the parts needed. Circumstances of the theft?

Looks like you have everything. It's pretty clean under there compared to the rust we get, but I'd still make sure to have an O2 sensor socket nearby, they come in handy. And some non-silicone heat resistant copper anti-seize.

Total cost if you don't mind me asking? :( Are you going aftermarket?

Put anti-seize on the protruding threads through the three nuts that hold the down pipes onto the manifolds. Mine turned a few times then started galling, eventually requiring a replacement manifold.

Also be ready to support the transmission or transfer case and remove the crossmember if you can’t get the cats on over the studs. From my reading this only happens with a few vehicles, but mine was one.

Put anti-seize on the protruding threads through the three nuts that hold the down pipes onto the manifolds. Mine turned a few times then started galling, eventually requiring a replacement manifold.

Also be ready to support the transmission or transfer case and remove the crossmember if you can’t get the cats on over the studs. From my reading this only happens with a few vehicles, but mine was one.
Thanks!

Damn - sorry to hear this! I just installed BudBuilt Protection plates to prevent this crap.

816A8C31-89C9-422E-9004-EE31E3317D78.jpeg

640C1745-8FEC-4DAE-95D8-A5613C8E6708.jpeg

So sorry to hear that. Any chance that your insurance will cover the cost, or part of it?

Any issues with backordered parts? The last guy that had his stolen was having trouble with that until he got lucky finding a resourceful dealer.

Any issues with backordered parts? The last guy that had his stolen was having trouble with that until he got lucky finding a resourceful dealer.
Yeah, local shops claimed all the parts were on backorder with no ETA. So I just ordered them from Bell Lexus Scottsdale myself.

When I originally read the OP, I thought, "with what? Straight Pipes?" But then I was in the process of installing my Bud Built Cat shields. I wish we had an ECU crack where we could set the sensor readings where we want. Formula Libre!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom