Anyone know what this warning light means? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I got my timing belt and water pump replaced today, and since then, this light has appeared on the dash.
Any ideas what it means? Also, although the LC is driving beautifully, it is much more difficult to start.
It used to start immediately but now, the starter has to turn quite a lot.
These two things have happened immediately after getting the timing belt and water pump replaced.
Would be very grateful for any help!
Cheers,
Dominic.

Hook up to an OBD reader and it will tell you the code and what needs to be fixed. Something could be lose after the t belt was installed as well.

If a shop did the work, take it back to them. If the light wasn't on when you took it in, then it's something they caused. Whether it be an issue with the timing or an unconnected sensor or hose, something is wrong. A properly done timing belt + water pump should not result in the check engine light coming on. If you do anything to the truck before taking it back to the shop, they may avoid fixing it.

Thanks for your reply.
Have you any idea why the starter has to turn much longer, when it used to be immediate. Might this be related to the light being on?

Thanks for your reply.
Have you any idea why the starter has to turn much longer, when it used to be immediate. Might this be related to the light being on?

Slow to fire- The timing belt could be off one tooth if- cam gears were not lined up properly, sensor wheel installed backwards, crank position sensor wire could be damaged MAF sensor not connected...... pull the code and start there.

Thanks.
I’ll show the mechanic what you wrote. By the way, when the engine is cold, it starts immediately.
The starting problem only happens when the engine is hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom